"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Old 06-12-2011, 10:29 PM   #51
Ogress Supreme
Site Administrator
Originally Posted by Claire View Post
I love old music. We had to buy a car this year, and it came with sirius/XM. I love going back and forth between 40s on 4, 50s on 5, etc. This morning I put on the 70s and just cracked up to hear Casey Kasems American top 40, dated 7/9/73. That was probably the year I graduated from high school. I had a hard time keeping my hands on the steering wheel, I wanted to dance!
I often find myself Disco Dancing at the wheel...

PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 10:36 PM   #52
Traveling Welcome Wagon
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
I love this one and play it anytime I need a smile.

I first saw that last year, and I love it!

This has been my favorite song since 2nd grade. This particular version is our grandson Thomas's favorite, and I think it is cute too!

Barbara L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 08:29 PM   #53
Honey Badger
Tough choice on what to pick. I was a 70's Brat.
Always like the Steve Miller Band. The Joker has always been a favorite of mine.

ELO : Had a Shepard (Shadow) that every time she heard this playing on my stereo would come in and insist that I dance with her. I think she like the beat. Go figure. The lead singer looks like my husband way back when. He once had hair like that!

If your with me that's great. If not. Get out of my way.
Chef Munky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 02:51 PM   #54
Executive Chef
I must be losing my mind! I thought I had posted something else here but must have imagined it (scratches head). Any way, I was asking about Gordon Lightfoot. A co-worker introduced me to his then girlfriend, now wife, who is from Toronto. I had Gord's Gold playing and said something to her about him being a native son. She kinda hinted that he wasn't because he was from Newfoundland. So, I was wondering is Newfoundland not considered part of Canada?

Emeralds are real Gems! C. caninus & C. Batesii.
CraigC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 03:00 PM   #55
Chef Extraordinaire
Newfies are special. They have a dry, dry sense of humor. If you haven't watched the The Shipping News (or read the book), you really should to get a sense of what makes a Newfie special. And, if you want, I can send you a recipe for seal flipper pie. I have a cookbook from Newfoundland. Great place to visit in August/September. L'anse aux Meadows is really interesting if you are interested in Viking history. And you can get cloudberries and lingonberries in Newfoundland, but they don't call them that, cloudberries are bakeapples and lingonberries are partridge berries. Cloudberry vinegar is AMAZING. And I love lingonberries...
I've got OCD--Obsessive Chicken Disorder!
CWS4322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 03:52 PM   #56
Chef Extraordinaire
Newfies are nice. Very calm demeanor, but man that drool. And it gets all over their bib. Saints don't seem to have that problem, even though they are droolers, too, given the correct flews.

Give us this day our daily bacon.
pacanis is offline   Reply With Quote