"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 06-19-2008, 08:11 PM   #11
Master Chef

I think our Admins are the best on the the web!! I have been to so many places and I just keep coming back here. #1, the company is the BEST!! #2 You don't have to worry about nasty people that aren't happy with their lives making others feel bad. the admins and mods are fantastic!! Thank you for EVERYTHING you do, even when I'm the one in trouble, lol!!

Old 06-19-2008, 08:41 PM   #12
Everymom

You are welcome. It was really no trouble at all, and honestly I feel blessed that I could help in some small way. I am so touched by all of you reaching out to someone in need and helping out in a most practical and tangible way. Thanks to you all for letting me be a part of that.

Old 06-19-2008, 09:01 PM   #13
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB View Post
Katie will have a need for extra money for a while. The arrangements will be very expensive I am sure. We will continue to send money to her whenever anyone wants to contribute.
I agree she will need us for some time and if Buck had no Life Insurance I hope he did if not then every $5.00, $10.00 or more will make things a bit easier for Katie. I know that what was sent already at least eased her mind on how to take care of the expenses just to be by Bucks side and I know she is not squandering that. So folks give up a few lattes and other things you can live without and pay it forward. Believe me when I say that what you give will come back to you ten fold as long as it come from the heart with no expectations.
Old 06-19-2008, 09:06 PM   #14
Master Chef

I always have believed that what God gives us he expects us to share with his other children. The more you share, the more he gives.
Old 06-19-2008, 09:12 PM   #15
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alix View Post
You are welcome. It was really no trouble at all, and honestly I feel blessed that I could help in some small way. I am so touched by all of you reaching out to someone in need and helping out in a most practical and tangible way. Thanks to you all for letting me be a part of that.
I know you did this as you are a good hearted person and love Buck and Katie as much as we do and yet I was really amazed how fast you got it going wasting no time to get it to Katie. It was at least one thing she did not need to woory about while she goe's through this incredibly hard time. Just to remind some that don't know in the whole time Katie and Buck were married which was a long time they never ever were more than two days apart for just one time. So one can only just imagine how difficult this will be for Katie.
Old 06-19-2008, 09:19 PM   #16
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick2272 View Post
I always have believed that what God gives us he expects us to share with his other children. The more you share, the more he gives.
So true Mav.
Old 06-19-2008, 10:32 PM   #17
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpmcgrew View Post
So folks give up a few lattes and other things you can live without and pay it forward. Believe me when I say that what you give will come back to you ten fold as long as it come from the heart with no expectations.
This is one of the truest things in life. I'm serious. As a child of the 60s, the phrase I learned was "Share the Wealth" and since I was lucky enough to have been raised with that, I can tell you absolutely that when we share with others in need, we will be always be taken care of when we are in need. Not just money - our time or our sweat or our hearts or our homes. It really ends up being the best insurance you can have for your future. I don't think it's any accident that so many people that share the same philosophy ended up in the same place - here!
Old 06-19-2008, 10:48 PM   #18
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to kitchenelf
I think we have quite a team here - that's really all I can say.

"Count yourself...you ain't so many" - quote from Buck's Daddy
kitchenelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 07:03 AM   #19
Chief Eating Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitchenelf View Post
I think we have quite a team here - that's really all I can say.
I couldn't agree more. I am so proud to be a part of it and to knowl of you.
Old 06-20-2008, 07:27 AM   #20
Head Chef

Send a message via AIM to Adillo303
Being a new here, I do not always feel like amember of the "in" group. Most likely a lot of that is me. What DC has, that I have not found in other places is community. We seem to be, if you will, "an electronic, extended family".

People from all over seem willing to relate and help eachother in more ways than just cooking, way more ways than just cooking. I am very glad to be here.

AC