A Sunday Concert

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kaixin

Cook
On Sunday, we went to a classic music concert at a friend’s house. Vic holds an afternoon concert every month where he chooses a selection of music and plays it to his small group of friends. This was the first time we have been to one of these concerts. It was so interesting.

The friends all bought some food to share, they talked about different things and their life to each other, they are very nice people.

I told to my husband, I don’t know about music, but I like good music. This place let me feel like family come together, like a family reunion.

Vic used his home CD to let us listen to the beautiful music. The concert programme was based on P&O. We all thought that meant Peninsular & Orient, the famous shipping line. The progamme took us on a journey around the world. I forgot where I am, I just from the music relax and dream, wonderful. One person said at the end that one of the pieces was set in Hungary, so that P&O could not be about a shipping line. Vic smiled and asked everyone to read the programme of music more carefully. We all smiled, it meant Piano and Orchestra.

I really enjoyed the concert, I understood why the friends like to come together to listen to the music. They can enjoy the music and then they can have afternoon tea and enjoy the life together.

P&O Programme by Vic Sparks

England by Moscheles, Ignaz
Scotland by Moscheles, Iganz
Ireland by Moscheles, Iganz
Interval
Hungary by Liszt, Franz
Egypt by Liszt, Franz
Africa by Saint-Saens, Camille
Greece by Beethoven, Ludwig Van

A true journey of the mind with excellent friends.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom