"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 12-30-2007, 06:08 PM   #21
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie E View Post
Oh, man, jp! I'd be just as angry. I think I'd be tempted to put the meal out with a note and leave the house to go to a movie. Let him handle the rest.

I think the part that would steam my clams the most is the "manipulation" part. Makes you want to hit people and break things!!!!

Enjoy the movie!
Thank Katie,town is 45 miles away and the movie theater is now defunct and yes Im so mad I could hit him and break things which I would not do.I will hafto control my anger until the guests leave making me doubley ticked off.
I just cant believe he pulled a stunt like that just to get his way.His hunters will come away thinking what a great guy he is.

Old 12-30-2007, 06:11 PM   #22
Traveling Welcome Wagon

I'm sorry you had to go through that JP. Maybe you should stock up on TV dinners and plastic spoons. When your husband brings them through for a meal just hand them a dinner and spoon, and point them toward the microwave.

Would your husband be receptive to a serious husband/wife discussion about how you feel about this? If not, get the TV dinners or get some disposable dishes and make up your own freezer meals to at least make the clean-up easier. If none of these ideas work, I hope you at least have a good dishwasher. Oh yeah, you could do sandwiches and chips and use paper plates. The imposition is still a factor, but the clean-up would be easier.

Barbara

Old 12-30-2007, 06:30 PM   #23
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara L View Post
I'm sorry you had to go through that JP. Maybe you should stock up on TV dinners and plastic spoons. When your husband brings them through for a meal just hand them a dinner and spoon, and point them toward the microwave.

Would your husband be receptive to a serious husband/wife discussion about how you feel about this? If not, get the TV dinners or get some disposable dishes and make up your own freezer meals to at least make the clean-up easier. If none of these ideas work, I hope you at least have a good dishwasher. Oh yeah, you could do sandwiches and chips and use paper plates. The imposition is still a factor, but the clean-up would be easier.

Barbara
We dont have a dishwasher no room for one.Oh he is gonna be receptive all right not only that put he picked the wrong time of the month to tick me off. If you know what I mean when I dont want to entertain his hunters he tells me Im being hateful and unfriendly which is not true at all I just dont want to do it.Right now he is the biggest jerk in the world to me. He cant stand it when I cry and wont speak to him.
Old 12-30-2007, 07:56 PM   #24
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Of course, there is another solution. [Before I say this, I'M JOKING, I'M JOKING, I'M JOKING, so don't everyone jump on me!]

After his hunting buddies leave, when you are going to bed, just say kind of under your breath (right before your husband goes to sleep), "That guy Tim is kind of a hottie, isn't he? And Joe's not too bad himself!" Then sigh and sink down into your pillow with an enigmatic smile on your lips.

James said to put Ex-Lax in the food next time. He said he did that with a cake one time!

Barbara
Old 12-30-2007, 07:58 PM   #25
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara L View Post
Of course, there is another solution. [Before I say this, I'M JOKING, I'M JOKING, I'M JOKING, so don't everyone jump on me!]

After his hunting buddies leave, when you are going to bed, just say kind of under your breath (right before your husband goes to sleep), "That guy Tim is kind of a hottie, isn't he? And Joe's not too bad himself!" Then sigh and sink down into your pillow with an enigmatic smile on your lips.

James said to put Ex-Lax in the food next time. He said he did that with a cake one time!

Barbara
I think this is hysterical, Barbara, especially if some of DH's friends are even mildly good looking!
Old 12-30-2007, 08:09 PM   #26
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to suziquzie
I make alot of my gifts too. I don't have money, but I have talent and I like to use it.

Sometimes I think "what's the point" because I give them to people who don't know the difference between a homemade truffle and a Hershey's kiss, and I learn to do new crafts just so I can make cool ornaments. Then they think, "Yay, homemade", no matter if I've been working and stressing about them since August.

But I also know I made a large effort to show people I care for them, small minded or not. I simply grin and bear comments. Give me the right comment, I will smile bigger....
And forget to send my truffles and ornaments that way next year.

Yesterday was "this close" to being my SIL.
Old 12-30-2007, 08:37 PM   #27
Sous Chef

Send a message via AIM to mikki
JP-- That sounds like something my husband would do. Sorry he's being a jerk. When they got there you could have said something like, Well guys since I figured you were going to be here for lunch you'll have to clean up because I made plans. Then just go for a walk or even just out on the porch, that will let his buddies kknow that they were all inconsiderate without being rude.
Old 12-30-2007, 11:10 PM   #28
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikki View Post
JP-- That sounds like something my husband would do. Sorry he's being a jerk. When they got there you could have said something like, Well guys since I figured you were going to be here for lunch you'll have to clean up because I made plans. Then just go for a walk or even just out on the porch, that will let his buddies kknow that they were all inconsiderate without being rude.
Well HB came home an hour early the hunters would show up an hour later.He knew I was mad and tried to to change what he said earlier as if I did not understand what he actually said and he tried to change circumstances he actually tried to tell me he said something different bull crap then he tried small talk I told him bull crap I know what you told me he had every excuse in the book then tried more small talk to try and get me off the subject.Well the guys came over and it was great they were great but the point was what he did to manipulate me to make it into a dinner.I did not back down because I know what he said before and then he tried to smooth it over. Any way Im over it but told him to never do that again.
I also told him not to talk to me for awhile I was in fact the perfect hostess no bad vibes and quite chatty .So now they have left and he went to bed so I just may get properly sauced before bed Im on that direction anyway.