A What Kind Of Pizza?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tweedee

Head Chef
Yesterday evening I fixed a big pot of spaghetti with meat sauce for supper and as usual every time I make the dish we end up with a lot leftover to freeze for later.

Today my 5 year old grandson suggested that we could make a spaghetti pizza. :LOL: I said "a what pizza"? he said "a spaghetti".

Ok this is how I made the spaghetti pizza
>
>
>
>
>
>
1 can grand biscuits, placed on round pizza pan (pushing together to form a crust.
Nest I grated some cheddar cheese over the makeshift biscuit crust.
Next I put some leftover spaghetti on top to cover the cheese.
Then I sprinked some italian seasoned bread crumbs over spaghetti.
Then I grated some more cheddar cheese and put that on top of the bread crumbs.
Then finally I put the pan in a 375 degree oven for 20 minutes.

Well the kids thought it was good :wacko:

I made english muffin pizzas when my kids were home. They could eat a bunch of them. I've never made them with biscuits, but think that would be good also.

Tweedee, Ive made this one in the past. I used mozzarella, Parmesan, garlic, basil & sun dried tomatoes. It was interesting. You could try putting the spaghetti (ziti, penne) with any toppings of choice (maybe meatballs cut in half) in a baking pan & slice it in squares. (Maybe experiment by adding veggie toppings & a white sauce.) Think kids would love this.

Amazing Macaroni Pizza

This fun twist on two family favorites uses cooked pasta as the base for traditional pizza toppings.
0,1555,sLang%3Dus%26iObj%3D2521%26iImg%3D34566,00.jpg

transp1px.gif
ingredients.gif

For the Crust
1 2/3 cups elbow macaroni
4 slices (1 ounce each) American cheese, cut into strips
2 eggs, lightly beaten
2 tablespoons olive oil

For the Toppings
3/4 cup tomato sauce
1 clove garlic, minced
1 1/4 teaspoons dried oregano (optional)
1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
16 slices pepperoni
transp1px.gif

transp1px.gif
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Baking Time: 30 minutes
Serves 6

transp1px.gif
Preparing the Crust
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Bring a large saucepan of salted water to a boil. Add macaroni and cook until tender but still firm, 6-8 minutes. Drain pasta.

2. While pasta is still warm, return it to the saucepan and toss with American cheese and eggs.

3. Lightly brush a 12-inch pizza pan or ovenproof skillet with oil. Spread pasta mixture in the pan, pressing firmly with the back of a wooden spoon; bake crust for 10 minutes.

Topping the Pizza
1. Spread tomato sauce evenly over the pasta, leaving a 1-inch border around the edges. Sprinkle with garlic and oregano; top with mozzarella. Place pepperoni slices on pizza in a spiral pattern.

2. Bake pizza until cheese is melted and bubbly, about 20 minutes. Cut into wedges and serve.

Ingredient Variations
This recipe provides a great way to use up the partial boxes of macaroni in your cupboard. You can substitute small ziti or penne, bow ties or shells, cooked according to package directions, for the elbows.

Try a combo of smoked mozzarella and slivered sun-dried tomatoes, crumbled blue cheese and bacon or hot pepper cheese and salsa.

I might try making this like a pastitsio (without the top layer). That should be interesting. :)

Last edited:
Mish...this recipe reminds me of the "noodles and tomatoes" grandma used to make. I loved those...and always forget about making them for a quick meal!

KAYLINDA said:
Mish...this recipe reminds me of the "noodles and tomatoes" grandma used to make. I loved those...and always forget about making them for a quick meal!

Kaylinda, you can't keep us in suspense. Would you share the recipe with us? My grandma made a dish with warm broad buttered noodles, salt & pepper, & cottage cheese mixed in. Know it sounds odd, but I've made it for years.

No real recipe....just cooked noodles....your choice....mixed with sweetened diced tomatoes....and sprinkled with parmesan cheese. I can eat 'em by the bowl...
So easy to add other ingredients to also.....garlic? mmmmm

kaylinda, I guess I'll have to listen to his ideas more often, not that I don't already.

licia, me too I also made pizza from english muffins for my children when they were small but never a spaghetti pizza.

mish, sounds great, I'll have to try it some time.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom