"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Old 11-01-2013, 09:50 PM   #1
Proud American
Abscess Of Tooth - Uckkkkk!

A molar of my right upper jaw is abscessed. I had to go to the Urgent Care for of this today.

This is very painful! I had a cavity of that tooth when I was 12 and the filling of it broke out from of my tooth on the last Tuesday. It became very painful and there is very much of swelling of it upon the inside of the gum.

The doctor was not of a dentist. I am on the pain medicine and the antibiotic until I see of the dentist next week. I called of the dentist when I returned of home and the office lady said there is nothing to do of this until the infection has gone away.

Uckkkkkk! I have never had of this. I have good teeth, they are strong and straight. I have had two cavities of being filled, but Romanian dentists are not so good. Of the last cleaning of the teeth, the dentist told me of the fillings need to be replaced.

I hate of this! My face hurts. I must only have of soft foods now, for it hurts to chew foods.

I wish none of you have to hurt of this!

With love,

CatPat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 11:13 PM   #2
Senior Cook
Oh no! Hope your mouth feels better soon!

Toffiffeezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 11:53 PM   #3
Executive Chef
Arggh. I too am having teeth issues, although mine are of a different sort. But still, associated pain is no fun. Hope you get it taken care of soon and your mouth feels better.
Whiskadoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 01:54 AM   #4
Proud American
Since of before 1am, it has seemed to burst and it is draining. It feels much better but the draining of it tastes terrible. The throbbing of it has gone away, but it is sensitive of the gum place.

I shall keep of the penicillin pills and finish all of these to be away of the infection, and I am only taking one more painkiller. It shall help of the sleep. The doctor said of he thinks the nerve of the tooth could perhaps be exposed, and it hurts of cold and hot and the pressure of it.

Oh this is of a mess. But it is of better. I had a relief when it burst.

I am sorry, Whisk. Teeth pain and of anything of the mouth is so very bad. I do hope your teeth issues become very well soon.

I do hope no one else has of this.

With love,
CatPat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 02:49 AM   #5
Master Chef
I hope you feel better soon Cat. Not being able to eat and enjoy your good cooking must be tough. Hope the dentist gets you all fixed up when you finally see him. Don't be surprised if he suggests capping or crowning the tooth. I had a tooth break years back; the dentist was able to patch it enough to make it OK for a while, but ended up doing it two times over about 3-4 years. I finally gave in to having it crowned (didn't need anything else like an abscess drained or a root canal done, thank goodness) maybe five years ago and it's been trouble-free since. Should have had that done the first time around...
... nothing is given. Everything is earned. You work for what you have... ~~~ LeBron James
Cooking Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 09:24 AM   #6
Chef Extraordinaire
Site Moderator
Sorry, CatPat, for your pain. I think a toothache is the worst pain. At least you have both pain medicine and an antibiotic.

If you can't see the bright side of life, polish the dull side.
Zhizara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 09:33 AM   #7
Chef Extraordinaire
Site Moderator
Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Sorry you are having this problem, Cat. I had an abscess many years ago and, I think, it was the same tooth as you describe. Uncomfortable beyond description and I was soooooo happy when the dentist got it all taken care of.

Tooth pain is one of the worst pains there is. There's no real way to escape it and no band-aid can make it feel better. Just take your meds and try to be as comfortable as you can. You'll feel much better soon.
"As a girl I had zero interest in the stove." - Julia Child
This is real inspiration. Look what Julia became!
Katie H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 09:34 AM   #8
Chef Extraordinaire
So sorry to hear that, Cat. Tooth problems are definitely painful. Try not to swallow the draining stuff Take care.
The trouble with eating Italian food is that five or six days later you're hungry again. ~ George Miller
GotGarlic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 09:49 AM   #9
Chef Extraordinaire
Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
(((Hugs Cat))) I have had an abscess in my mouth and it was horrible. You should seriously consider having that other filling replaced before something happens with it.

I'm glad to hear that you will continue taking your antibiotics for the full course. This is very important, so you don't help develop antibiotic resistant germs.
May you live as long as you wish and love as long as you live.
Robert A. Heinlein
taxlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 10:54 AM   #10
Chef Extraordinaire
Oh Cat, I know how painful an abscess can be. It will get better though. Just make sure you follow up with the dentist. Take care of yourself.

Illegitimi non carborundum!
I don't want my last words to be, "I wish I had spent more time doing housework"
Addie is offline   Reply With Quote