"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 07-14-2017, 10:25 PM   #1
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Accidental "super" find at Goodwill

Since I've been having to manage shorter hair, I've discovered that curling irons can be of some help.

I own two curling irons...one with a huge barrel, the other with a very small diameter. Neither seem to be able to help.

So while I was grazing at my local Goodwill last week I found one I thought would be a good fit. Bought that bad boy for $1.99.

It looked to have been little used or never used and was titanium, which told me that it would work well without creating a build-up from hair products.

Tried it this morning. WOW! Perfect. 'Cept for the fact that I burned the tip of one of my fingers. I'm not very skilled at using these devices.

Decided to look my iron up on the Internet and discovered that this particular one retails at $139. Yeah!

Old 07-14-2017, 11:54 PM   #2
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie H View Post
Since I've been having to manage shorter hair, I've discovered that curling irons can be of some help.

I own two curling irons...one with a huge barrel, the other with a very small diameter. Neither seem to be able to help.

So while I was grazing at my local Goodwill last week I found one I thought would be a good fit. Bought that bad boy for $1.99.

It looked to have been little used or never used and was titanium, which told me that it would work well without creating a build-up from hair products.

Tried it this morning. WOW! Perfect. 'Cept for the fact that I burned the tip of one of my fingers. I'm not very skilled at using these devices.

Decided to look my iron up on the Internet and discovered that this particular one retails at $139. Yeah!
I am coming to your part of the country and follow you around. I paid more than $25 for mine. What a find! Congratulations on a great savings!!!