"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 09-16-2011, 11:09 PM   #1
Honey Badger

Accommodated

It's taken a month to talk with a live human being at Embassy suites. I was patient after filing my complaint about our stay. Kind of felt better after writing it. But not that much to let it go just yet. I did receive an email from the manager asking me when would be a good time to discuss the matter? I emailed back a time also gave him my personal email addy. We heard nothing else.

Yesterday my husband emailed 1 more time as a reminder. Today he spoke with the manager. The manager must have remembered my email. I knew he would. I spared no mercy. Offered to send him pics of our room. Kind of wonder if my " Hotel California " " Or writing up a review "comment rattled him a bit.Thanks for the idea Dog Lover. It worked. :)

He personally took the time to go into that room and saw just for himself what I was talking about.

Not only were the problems corrected the manager also went as far to refund us the entire amount of our nights stay. Before he had even talked with my husband this morning. After finding out why we were in S.F to begin with, my husband told him we have to go back as soon as insurance pre approves everything and the appointment is made. Probably in the next month or two. He asked how many days we needed for the next trip? When we find out the day and time. If we were willing to return. To please call him and he will set up a discount and suite to accommodate us.
It was a very gracious of him to go to the trouble of all that for us. As soon as I'm through posting here I'll be contacting Embassy Suite honchos and tell them how much I appreciated his effort to rectify the problem.

Munky.

Old 09-16-2011, 11:23 PM   #2
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

You be Chief Munky! Great Job, I'm proud of you!

Been missing you!

Old 09-16-2011, 11:24 PM   #3
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Yay! A victory for the little guy! Good for you, Munky, for pursuing this.
Old 09-17-2011, 01:32 PM   #4
Honey Badger

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
You be Chief Munky! Great Job, I'm proud of you!

Been missing you!
Been missing you to!
His working 16 hr days has been wearing me out. Some days I have no idea what day it is.
I have some more " Pie" recipes for ya.

Munky.
Old 09-17-2011, 01:40 PM   #5
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef Munky View Post
Been missing you to!
His working 16 hr days has been wearing me out. Some days I have no idea what day it is.
I have some more " Pie" recipes for ya.

Munky.
We've been enjoying burger/curry pies. Shrek tried a pizza one that did not turn out, too much pepperoni.

Things have been stressful around here, too...Shrek's turn for medical problems. And I haven't been sleeping for the last 5-6 days, finally got a very little bit this morning.
Old 09-17-2011, 01:45 PM   #6
Honey Badger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
Yay! A victory for the little guy! Good for you, Munky, for pursuing this.
Thank you for the advice. Were not seasoned travelers. Seems like Tuition is always due. The house needs things. So we stay home for vacations. That was our first trip out in 7 years. If it hadn't been for your advice I doubt my complaint would have gotten their attention at all.

Hubby says from now on he's going to leave the writing to me. He was quite thrilled to get some compensation back from that trip.

Munky.
Old 09-17-2011, 01:59 PM   #7
Honey Badger

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
We've been enjoying burger/curry pies. Shrek tried a pizza one that did not turn out, too much pepperoni.

Things have been stressful around here, too...Shrek's turn for medical problems. And I haven't been sleeping for the last 5-6 days, finally got a very little bit this morning.
Sorry you and shrek aren't feeling well. Everything ok now?
Tell him I tried the pizza with pepperoni to.. Mine didn't turn out either. Gave me some serious heartburn.. We can do a take 2. I've been looking all over for curry powder. Can't find it around here. Our local grocery store closed a few months ago. When and if we get a replacement who knows.. I have been wanting to try your recipe.

I've had insomnia for years and finally broke down and asked for a prescription. If you need to do that don't let the Dr's give you a hard time about it. You can always say " Fine! I know where the liquor store is. It's open 24/7!" I actually said that to my Dr. Boy did he start writing on the pad.. LOL!!!

Munky.
Old 09-17-2011, 02:14 PM   #8
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef Munky View Post
Sorry you and shrek aren't feeling well. Everything ok now?
Tell him I tried the pizza with pepperoni to.. Mine didn't turn out either. Gave me some serious heartburn.. We can do a take 2. I've been looking all over for curry powder. Can't find it around here. Our local grocery store closed a few months ago. When and if we get a replacement who knows.. I have been wanting to try your recipe.

I've had insomnia for years and finally broke down and asked for a prescription. If you need to do that don't let the Dr's give you a hard time about it. You can always say " Fine! I know where the liquor store is. It's open 24/7!" I actually said that to my Dr. Boy did he start writing on the pad.. LOL!!!

Munky.
Shrek is fine now, but he had me worried. At the same time I went off the Chantix and started not sleeping...Doctor's appointment on Monday Thanks for the tip, I have a list of needs that I have researched and expect to have some agreement with the doc.

How's your son doing?
Old 09-17-2011, 02:27 PM   #9
Master Chef

I bet I'm not the only one lost here Monkey...is there a link or something to the first part of this story? At any rate, I'm glad you got some satisfaction.

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 03:01 PM   #10
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayelle
I bet I'm not the only one lost here Monkey...is there a link or something to the first part of this story? At any rate, I'm glad you got some satisfaction.
Kayelle, it's under Munky's Chinatown post. They were so looking forward to their trip to San Francisco, and it was a total disaster, along with their son's health issues. I had to look it up too. I couldn't remember what advice I gave. I had advised Munky to post on Tripadvisor, Orbitz, Expedia, etc., and notify the hotel of her actions. So glad it worked!