Actually made my left eye water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chief Longwind Of The North

Certified/Certifiable
There is a company that makes a hot corn chip. Now I'm not talking abut your run-of-the-mill hot, like a jalepino flavored chip. Here is the site address - https://www.forbes.com/sites/eustaciahuen/2016/09/28/worlds-spiciest-tortilla-chip-so-hot-its-sold-one-per-package/#125b27ef156b

A fellow worker, and lover of things that mortals have trouble with, he purchased 6 of these chips and invited those who would dare to take the one-chip-challenge, i.e., consume the whole chip and not dring or eat anything to sooth the pain for 5 mintues. Yes, I accepted the challenge with 5 other brave souls. Two men were seriously affected and had to immediately seek relieve. A third fellow crazy person felt the pain, but held in for the full time. Myself, this is the first food substance I've eaten in years that made an eye water. My mouth was hot, but not in pain. My stomach however, felt like it was going to try and expell the chip and all other contents at any momet. In my little tiny brain, I knew this would be a horrible thing to do, as the pepper would then enter my sinuses and I would truly be in distress. I maintained though, and made it through the challenge. As stated, my mouth faired fine. Alas, I thin my age is catcching up with me. I don't have he cast-iron, grenade prrof stomach I once had. I've gotten where ordiary hot sauces liek tobasco, or evne thehabenaro sauces are nothing but flavor, and a mild warm feelling in my mouth. I still use the four hottest peppers on the planet to make my favorite salsa, but only as one tsp. of combined pepper powders to 6 pints of salsa, and it's more than most people can even think about. But those peppers just taste so very good, along with the other assorted fresh and dried peppers I add for flavor. Ya know, they make tough (insane) men up here in th U.P. You have to be crazy to put up with our winters. It just carries over in some of us to the foods we eat.:ohmy::wacko::mrgreen: Anyone else want to take the challenge?:devilish:

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of he North

Not even. I'm the one who goes to the Mexican restaurant and dips the point of the chip into the salsa only about 1/16". At least I amuse all my friends.

Soooo, how did it feel exiting your body the next day. :LOL:

The cayenne peppers I am harvesting late in the season (now) have been insane. Way more heat than they they should have.

CD

Back
Top Bottom