Advertiser in the Forum

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zhizara

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
Around 10:40 my time, I was surprised to see 3 posts with sales links in one of our cooking forums.

The posts did not have the usual icons for reputation or complaint, so I rated the threads as "Terrible" I was also going to unsubscribe to them, but decided to see how long it would take for them to get removed.

I was surprised and pleased that when I went back about 15 minutes later and they were already gone.

Congratulations to whoever did such a good job.:LOL:

Last edited:
Zhizara, if you see stuff like that there is a Report Post icon that you can click on. Once you do that a message gets sent to every Mod and we all race here to see who can yank it first. (Frank is the reigning champ with .40 close behind!) I'm not sure who got the ones you mean, but they sure did a good job!

Thanks for the kudos, our Mods around here work very hard to keep the site clean.

That's where I looked first, but there were none of the regular icons under the name just a Yahoo symbol which led to the sales site and another one that also led to a site. I wonder how they managed that. That's why I used the rating to try and get someone's attention.

The Report Post icon is a triangle with an exclamation mark in it. Its on the bottom left of every post. I don't think there is a way to report a thread without looking at the posts though.

Somehow they were able to substitute their icons, because the report icon and the reputation icon were not there. That's the first place I looked. I could hardly believe my eyes. It's kind of scary. I didn't think it was possible either.

Sometimes you have to scroll WAY down to see them. If the posts are very long it stretches out the post box and the buttons get pushed way down to the bottom with a lot of blank space between the image and the actual buttons.

Perhaps, I can't swear to that, but how were they able to include their own icons in the green area beneath their name. If it were my site I'd be alarmed.

Also, their icons appeared just below the one reputation dot you get automatically when signing up.

One icon was the Yahoo red Y symbol and the other one I didn't recognize (why I don't really like icons).

At any rate, they are gone, but if I ever see something similar, I'll take a screen shot.

Those were the icons you can click on and send that member a message using Yahoo MSN, ICQ, or AOL.

If you have an account with one of those you can enter that screename in your DC profile details and then the appropriate icon will show up. So say if you use Yahoo you can put your messenger username in your profile and then other DC members could contact you. They won't show up otherwise.

Zhizara, if you see stuff like that there is a Report Post icon that you can click on. Once you do that a message gets sent to every Mod and we all race here to see who can yank it first. (Frank is the reigning champ with .40 close behind!) I'm not sure who got the ones you mean, but they sure did a good job!

Thanks for the kudos, our Mods around here work very hard to keep the site clean.

Definitely kudos to the mods.

I once tried to report a post by clicking the report icon, but it had already been removed. Colour me confused for a few minutes.:LOL:

I was really impressed. I saw the threads a couple of minutes after they were posted, when I looked again 15 minutes later they were already gone.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom