Advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CharlieD

Chef Extraordinaire
If you are fasting, do not read this forum, and please most of all do not cook dinner for the whole family.
Do not be as stupid as I am.:rolleyes:

what are you fasting for, chuck? i'm not aware if a high holy day, but then again i've been busy and traffic seems to be normal of late (a nyc joke).

btw, maybe you could answer a question for me. my mil is buried in an are next to what seems to be a primarily jewush burial atea.. i noticed mamy of the headstones in the "jewish neighborhood" had small stones on them. i figure it's some gesture of a person visiting the grave, but i wondered if you could explain the significance?

Last edited:
Are the stones on the top of the H/stone in a line made up of groups of even numbers?

hmm, maybe. there must have been a chinese jew because there was an abacus on top of one of the headstones. :)

Last edited:
rickshaw owner!

geez, are you sure you're not a goyum like me?

but seriously, what's tbe significance of the rocks on top of the headstines, geometrically placed as they may be?

rickshaw owner!

geez, are you sure you're not a goyum like me?

but seriously, what's tbe significance of the rocks on top of the headstines, geometrically placed as they may be?
No thats what his dad wanted.

Seriously I would be interested to, I was just killing hyam whilst we wait for Chazzer:)

damn, i need to look that up.

and get dinner. and refill the fountain. be right back.

There you go, Buckytom, very plausible explanation provided by Barbara. In fact I do not know if there is a verifiable source to prove or disprove that fact. It could be simply that we do not bring flowers to the grave site, and thus stones are the reminders of out grief.

oh, that. There are few (3) commerative fasts thru out the year connected to the distraction of The Temple. This was one of them.

Back
Top Bottom