After the Storm

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Constance

Master Chef
A bad front blew through this area, moving 80 mph Sunday evening. Tornados were hopping around all over the place, killing 27 people and causing lots of damage. We were very lucky...other than a few limbs down and an old dead tree down in the weeds, we had no damage. The little town of Caruthersville, Mo was about wiped off the map.

Here are some pictures HB took after the storm.

Attachments

• after the storm.jpeg
    after the storm.jpeg
    15.2 KB · Views: 216
  • after the storm II.jpeg
    after the storm II.jpeg
    11.6 KB · Views: 193
I watched on the news all the damage done by the storms. The loss of life is terrible. We had very bad storms up from you in the Chicago area - I saw down south got it much worse. I'm glad things are okay around your house and you are safe.

Constance - those pictures are awesome! So glad you are okay. We had a glorious thunderstorm here around midnight with crashing lightening, driving rain and howling winds. The tornado siren wailing in the background added to the din. . . From the reports I've seen, your area was just above the havoc & mine was just below - let's hope this one was the worst & spring will continue without a repeat performance. Thanks for sharing - Glenda

Glenda, I think we were very lucky. We're supposed to have another front coming through Thursday...hopefully it won't be such a bad one.

I'm glad that everything is okay for you Connie!! Glad that your safe.
Tell HB, AWESOME pictures!! I'm a nut about weather. I'll stand outiside like an idiot to get pictures in the lightening and bad storms. Those are just beautiful Cumulonimbus mamma clouds.
Need to be entered into weather.com photo gallery.

They are gorgeous pics ! Anyway I'm glad to hear you're all okay !
I'm sorry about the ones who were not so lucky. Sending thoughts to the family members

texasgirl said:
. Those are just beautiful Cumulonimbus mamma clouds.
Need to be entered into weather.com photo gallery.

hmmm, never heard of a "mama" cloud. gonna have to look that one up. :-p

glad to hear you're ok constance. those pics really should be entered into a contest. they look so good you'd think it was from a sci-fi movie.

buckytom said:
hmmm, never heard of a "mama" cloud. gonna have to look that one up. :-p

glad to hear you're ok constance. those pics really should be entered into a contest. they look so good you'd think it was from a sci-fi movie.

LOL, not a lot of people have heard them called that. But, the mamma should have been this way (mamma). They show up after a severe storm.:)

they even reported about the Tornados here in Germany... I'm glad no one I know is harmed.. that was my fear this morning...

but the pictures.. they are really great..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom