"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 03-15-2007, 01:54 PM   #11
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by lulu
These days it is late afternoon when I am feeling peckish, and I have to be careful that I don't eat a lot then, because otherwise I'm not hungry when DH gets home from work. I need to figure out the right afternoon snack for me!
I'm having the late munchies, too Lulu. Mr HB has eaten dinner alone for the last few days. I try to eat some soup then but sometimes I'm just not hungry.

Old 03-15-2007, 02:30 PM   #12
Executive Chef

Send a message via MSN to YT2095
I don`t eat during the daytime at all, but on the few instances I have (maybe twice over the last 8 years) I did the peanut butter thing that Bethzaring does :)

YT2095 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 03:14 PM   #13
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Yahoo to middie
Anything... if it looks good.
Old 03-15-2007, 03:43 PM   #14
Head Chef

After I discovered that my snacks were about 2000 in calories, I started opting for a small meal. Sandwich & chips, burger & fries, coney & soup. It's about 550-650 in calories to include a glass of beverage. I can even have a bowl of peach cobbler for that. But......the buttered biscuit is out along with it's 2000 calories. Omelets can get pretty gamy in calories too. A personal pizza is forever in the 550-650 range along with a hard shell taco.
Old 03-15-2007, 04:18 PM   #15
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
coffee with vanilla cream and a handful of chocolate chips.
Old 03-15-2007, 05:33 PM   #16
Senior Cook

Triscuits with cheese melted on top and a V8. That's my favorite, but when I'm at work it's usually just some tea.
Old 03-15-2007, 06:10 PM   #17
Everymom

OK, you folks are just all way too healthy for me. For an afternoon pick me up I'm all over a cup of tea (Earl Grey if I need the caffeine hit, something herbal if not), and whatever cookie, slab of cake, brownie, bag of M&M's or Mini Eggs I can find. I frequently grump around until I find something yummy hidden in the back of a cupboard. LOL. Afternoon is usually when I get hit with the urge to bake so often it will be something still warm and gooey from the oven with my cuppa.
Old 03-15-2007, 06:16 PM   #18
Master Chef

Pardon me, JoAnn, but when I saw the title of this thread, my first thought was of an old song from the 70's, titled Afternoon Delight.

Now, back to your question...3:30 is beer-thirty for me. DH waits an hour or so longer, and has his Captain Morgan's. Actually, lately it's been Sailer Jerry's.
If I have a snack to go with, it's generally low-fat popcorn. When Kim has popcorn, it's super-buttery, ultra-cheesy, with extra Pops-Rite popcorn salt.

Actually, the Pops-Rite is good stuff. It sure makes my low-fat popcorn taste better, and it has no calories.
Old 03-15-2007, 06:47 PM   #19
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Constance
Pardon me, JoAnn, but when I saw the title of this thread, my first thought was of an old song from the 70's, titled Afternoon Delight.

Now, back to your question...3:30 is beer-thirty for me. DH waits an hour or so longer, and has his Captain Morgan's. Actually, lately it's been Sailer Jerry's.
If I have a snack to go with, it's generally low-fat popcorn. When Kim has popcorn, it's super-buttery, ultra-cheesy, with extra Pops-Rite popcorn salt.

Actually, the Pops-Rite is good stuff. It sure makes my low-fat popcorn taste better, and it has no calories.
I LOVE popcorn. I have never heard of Pops-Rite popcorn salt. I will have to get me some. Thanks. And about the title of the thread, I see what you mean.
Old 03-15-2007, 07:00 PM   #20
Head Chef

When I'm at work, I run downstairs to the Starbux in the lobby and get a Tazo Awake tea and sometimes a slice of their lemon pound cake. I generally need the tea to wake up and then I crave something sweet to have with it.