Afternoon treat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If I stop working long enough to have a snack, it's usually a banana, peanut butter, yogurt or cheese.

~Ali

Neat topic! :)

If I'm home, I'll have a bowl of plain, old-fashioned oatmeal with three packets of equal and a sprinkling of the new Special K with chocolatey "pieces" (yikes, I wonder what they really are). I find it a surprisingly good new variety of K.

But, at work... if I'm in the mood for something salty, I'll have a wedge of "Laughing Cow" light cheese with some pretzels. If I'm in the mood for something sweet, it may be my own buttermilk rusks, or some Trader Joe's dried fruit (the dragon fruit, lychees, and dehydrated mango are out of this world!).

If I need chocolate, I'll have a few Hershey's "Kissables." I seem to like them better than M&Ms...

Take good care and cheers to all of you!

i usually have a couple of guavas or an orange.Sometimes i have chilled yogurt drink(we call it lassi).or if i'm really hungry,a small grilled cheese sandwich.

If I'm working my afternoon pick-me-up is a Snickers & Dr. Pepper. On the days I'm home I don't noramlly have anything. For some reason when I work, I want to eat all day.:rolleyes:

I just had my saltines w/ sharp cheddar, put in the microwave for 25 seconds. I feel revived. :)

Alix said:
What did you bake today? I'll bring the tea if you provide the baking! ;)
Alix, you are on! Although it is already late evening here, please bring over your tea and I will treat you to a nice slice of my Albanian Walnut Cake with Lemon Glaze which is pretty similar to the Greek Karydopita.

A cup of coffee with cream, no sugar. And usually something sweet to go with it, like poundcake or this week its been Girl Scout Cookies, Samoas are my favorite.
But today it was a slice of Irish Whiskey Cake.

boufa06 said:
Alix, you are on! Although it is already late evening here, please bring over your tea and I will treat you to a nice slice of my Albanian Walnut Cake with Lemon Glaze which is pretty similar to the Greek Karydopita.

Oooooh Yummy. Have you posted the recipe somewhere?:) pleeeeease

Back
Top Bottom