Ahhh am I back????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tancowgirl2000

Head Chef
Hey strangers!!! Its been so very long! And well truly FB has taken to me quite nicely HOWEVER I never get the same hominess from it :)

Just an update for you all. I think Ill be checkin in a little more often again as I think I have became a stay at home mom (while the kids are in school) again. Back in July I had a quadding accident which in turn I broke both elbows and a wrist. I have been looking for work but well, when you dont have full use of your arms its hard for anyone to hire I guess :( Not even McDonalds OR Walmart gave me a chance....talk of a disappointment :ermm:

So since I am at home again, I seem to have tons of time on my hands and every day it seems Im lost to what I can cook for my family. Im SO bored of the smae old same old, so what better place then the old stopping grounds? :) Kinda miss ya all :)

Oh ya, I think Im back! So get me some good feeding ideas :) Im super glad to see there is plenty of you still kickin about!!! YAY!!!!

OK enough, just wanted to say Im back....now to go hunting for supper!!!

Nice to see you're back. Have you done anything with the grits you asked about, some time back. I just got a can of hominy from a neighbor who highly recommends it. The kitchen help at the company I used to work for used to scarf it up like they was manna. Charlie D., one of the more amicable active members of DC would be aghast, since I understand hominy grits are a white corn treated with lye!

Last edited:
Welcome back. While I don't think we have met before, you being a neighbour and all ;), I feel like I already know you!

Welcome back Tanis! For anyone who doesn't know, Tanis, Alix, and I go back before we all came to DC, but I still haven't met either of them. :(

:)Barbara

Well thanks all :) Barbara, one day Alix and I can do a road trip :) as for the Grits, I havent :( My family is plain Jane and well no....but I think I just may no that I have more time! And for the rest of you....I look forward to getting to know you. You will notice that I have a big mouth and many of opinions :) SO if I offend you....know now that I DONT MEAN TOO lol. Its just the way it is. AND you can always feel free to tell me exactly how you feel :) YAY Im so excited!!!

Thanks everyone!

I see this! All but one I think lol. Its amazing to see so many stick around actually! Comforting it is!!!

Back
Top Bottom