"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Old 03-07-2008, 06:59 PM   #11
Master Chef
Originally Posted by pacanis View Post
That's pretty neat looking. Looks like you get a LOT of natural light let in up high, where it does some good and doesn't glare in.
I've never seen that style before. And here I am in Pennsylvania with the Pennsylvania Dutch in my back yard (lol)
DH and I designed the house ourselves. He did the outside, and I did the inside.
It was one of our suppliers who told us the style was called Dutch coop.

I bookmarked the link to Eco-Quest. Thanks!

Amy, thanks for your report on the Ionic Breeze. I think I probably need something bigger.

We get by with a little help from our friends
Constance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 07:46 PM   #12
Executive Chef
Your home is lovely, Constance. It must be a pleasure to look out into the front yard at your beautiful trees. As far as the air purifier, are you planning to smoke inside or outside? And if inside, in one specific room or throughout? When I quit smoking for 5 years, I really had to wash and/or dry clean all the window coverings, etc. And I steam cleaned the fabric on the furniture that couldn't be washed and the rugs. It was the only way to get the residual smoke out of the house. When I messed up and started again, I just smoke outside now. But I live in a pretty temperate climate. If you can't do that, your best bet would be to pick a room and shut off the a/c vents to that room. Then get a window unit for that room if you need it. That, along with a good air purifier will contain most of the smoke. HTH

Fisher's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote