Air Purifiers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LadyCook61

Master Chef
I have severe allergies , and I find that the Hunter Permalife Air Purifier helps me breathe easier. I would like to get a whole house purifier system but will have to stick with the room sized one for now.

I have severe allergies , and I find that the Hunter Permalife Air Purifier helps me breathe easier. I would like to get a whole house purifier system but will have to stick with the room sized one for now.

I would like to know more about a better (whole house?) purifier. Will be watching this thread. Heard of Hunter & have seen it advertised on QVC. Went through 2 Ionic Breezes - they need cnstant cleaning & the connectors broke when I cleaned the units. Bought two standing ionizer fans w remotes - found they just blow the air around. Now I have two table ionizers from qvc - that don't do anything. So, I'm looking for a solution as well.

Have you put HEPA filters on your furnace? Not a total solution but it does ensure that the air your furnace/ac blows is pure and clean.

I would like to know more about a better (whole house?) purifier. Will be watching this thread. Heard of Hunter & have seen it advertised on QVC. Went through 2 Ionic Breezes - they need cnstant cleaning & the connectors broke when I cleaned the units. Bought two standing ionizer fans w remotes - found they just blow the air around. Now I have two table ionizers from qvc - that don't do anything. So, I'm looking for a solution as well.

we bought the Hunter purifier at Lowe's. They have different sizes.

No I suppose that wouldn't, but you could make some great pizzas in a coal burning stove!
I do have the HEPA filters on the furnace, but also have air purifiers in each room. One thing I know I need to do that will cut down on dust and allergens is have the ducts cleaned and sealed, but it sounds like you don't necessarily have ducts?
I also have a humidifier that filters the air thru the water and then thru a filter before sending it back out. Made by Vicks and works pretty good.

No I suppose that wouldn't, but you could make some great pizzas in a coal burning stove!
I do have the HEPA filters on the furnace, but also have air purifiers in each room. One thing I know I need to do that will cut down on dust and allergens is have the ducts cleaned and sealed, but it sounds like you don't necessarily have ducts?
I also have a humidifier that filters the air thru the water and then thru a filter before sending it back out. Made by Vicks and works pretty good.

we run the humidifier too but it is not big enough. The air gets so dry here and my eyes start to itch. :wacko:

Can't make pizza with this coal burning stove.

Back
Top Bottom