"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 06-04-2008, 05:53 PM   #111
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by DramaQueen View Post
Corey, I don't think the airiines will be cutting flights to Las Vegas anytime soon. A plane lands at McCarren Airport every two minutes like clockwork. Last year we had a record 42 million people come to Vegas, most of them by plane. It is the second most visited city in the world, first is Paris.

Not right away, but in time.

It was also announced on the news this evening, that one or more of the six big airlines could end up filing for Chapter 11 within the next two years.

I wonder who will it be.

Old 06-04-2008, 06:01 PM   #112
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to kitchenelf

"Count yourself...you ain't so many" - quote from Buck's Daddy
kitchenelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 08:46 PM   #113
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey123 View Post
There's no one I know who doesn't like Las Vegas or wouldn't go there! Who can resist all that fun, glamour, the stars,the entertainment, roller coasters, shows, gambling and night club action?!I wouldn't miss out on it!
but I'll bet that cute little doggy in your avatar wouldn't mind missing it, just had to go there, he's sooooooo cute!
Old 06-05-2008, 01:21 AM   #114
Executive Chef

Thank you!
Old 06-05-2008, 05:10 AM   #115
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudbug View Post
but the people watching in Vegas is fabulous, VB. It's your mall population on steroids.
Honey, have you ever taken on ride on NJ Transit?? I do get your point, however. I am, however, unsure what a post about how everyone must love Las Vegas is doing in the middle of an airline thread.

I just got tickets to visit my parents in Jacksonville, FL for September. $218, round trip from Newark, NJ. A bargain, as far as I'm concerned. I don't imagine it will last, though. It's not just the airlines, it's everything and everyone. With the exception of the upper crust, everyone is feeling, both emotionally and financially, the strain of the recession. Complaining will get you noticed for about 15 seconds. Actually coming up with ways to save, conserve, expedite, etc will get you support.

I realize griping feels good, but it's momentary. It's time to be constructive. Much more will be accomplished.

<~~~stepping off the soapbox now
Old 06-05-2008, 05:22 AM   #116
Executive Chef

My dogs airline ticket from Healthrow to San Francisco is 973!!! Thats almost $2000!!!! Oh but she is more than worth it and basically we have no choice. Id rather pay lots of money to fly than sit home and never see the world!
Old 06-05-2008, 10:40 AM   #117
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeraBlue View Post
Honey, have you ever taken on ride on NJ Transit??I just got tickets

I could be wrong here but don't think you could make the drive for that amount of money, and both ways? I'm with you, I think you got a great deal.

Husband and I were on the subway in NYC after a night @ Becco. He thoroughly enjoyed that by the way.
The largest woman in the history of mankind walked on the subway and proceeded to stand in front of a guy and his woman. The guys woman, got all upset and started screaming out loud so even Jesus could hear her about 'what that woman was doing with her BFH@$$ in her mans face. My husband nor I knew what to do. Should we leave, tell her to shut up, laugh, act like we can't hear? I just prayed neither of them would get mad at me for doing anything. I wondered what anything could/would be that may tick them off Yep transit systems are something else.
Old 06-05-2008, 10:44 AM   #118
Chef Extraordinaire

you look at the floor or at the ads, or as if you can see something 1,000 yards away. same as everyone else.
waiting for someone or something to show you the way.
buckytom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 10:45 AM   #119
Executive Chef

Continental has joined the parade.

They just announced that they will cut 3,000 jobs as well as get rid of older less-fuel-efficient planes.

A little boy almost died on an AA flight! The attendants passed out peanuts on the flight and the boy smelled them. He almost died. According to his mom, if he even SMELLS peanuts or peanut butter, he'll develop an allergic reaction.
Old 06-05-2008, 10:56 AM   #120
Everymom

Still reading this thread. I can't believe there is still complaining going on. I must be a masochist. Oh wait...its my job to read all the threads here to make sure no one is posting naughty things. I am feeling a bit tortured here. Can we stop complaining now and move on? Pretty please with sugar on it?