"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 06-05-2008, 01:29 PM   #131
Everymom

Corey, go check Ronjohn's link. The boy never had a reaction.

Old 06-05-2008, 01:36 PM   #132
Executive Chef

I'm not doubting anyone here.

This didn't come from me. It's what I heard on the news. The news media just seems to love to screw up stuff and make things seem worst than they really are.

Old 06-05-2008, 01:44 PM   #133
Everymom

Corey, my husband is a reporter and it offends me when you make blanket comments like that. The news media is not to blame for misinterpretations. Please go read Ronjohn's link so that you may have the correct information.
Old 06-05-2008, 01:50 PM   #134
Executive Chef

I'm not blaming your husband or trying to offend him in any way.

This is NOT a blanket comment.

Why are some of you always accusing me of that? I can't help what I hear on the news. And I read the link.

The TV news report had said it just the way that I posted it. And the media DOES get stuff wrong at times. It does not mean that your husband does. I'm sure that he's a good reporter. But again, you can't help what you hear on the news.

People at times get their wires crossed. But it doesn't mean that i'm singling out anyone here nor am I singling out friends or relatives of members here.
Old 06-05-2008, 02:02 PM   #135
Chief Eating Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey123 View Post
Because it is not known for sure how this rule is or works.
Yes it is Corey. What makes you say that it is not known? It is printed in black and white on their policies. It is plain as day. I am not sure how it could be any more clear.
Old 06-05-2008, 02:05 PM   #136
Chief Eating Officer

Quote:
The news media just seems to love to screw up stuff and make things seem worst than they really are.
Quote:
This is NOT a blanket comment.

Why are some of you always accusing me of that?
the reason that you are constantly being accused of making blanket statements is because you continue to make blanket statements. Your one above is a prime example. You are making a blanket statement about "The news media". You did not say that joe brown from ABC news seems to love to screw up. You included all of "The news media". That is the definition of a blanket statement.
Old 06-05-2008, 02:10 PM   #137
Executive Chef

1. Oh, please. This is absurd. When I say something, it does NOT mean that I'm making a blanket statemkent nor am I talking about anyone here or their friends or relatives. Why would I talk about people I don't know?

2. Because I haven't seen it yet.

Not that I don't care to, or that I think it's not there. Maybe it's on their website, but since I don't fly, I never bothered to look for it.

3. If I DID decide to fly somewhere and had a child who would be traveling with me, then yes, I'd go look. Especially if I thought or knew that he can't have peanuts. But I'd also find out from his parents to be sure.

I'm going to stop posting here.
Old 06-05-2008, 02:13 PM   #138
Everymom

Corey, it was a blanket statement as GB has already told you. I am certainly allowed to tell you that your comment offends me as my husband is a member of the "new media" that you claim "love to screw things up". If it upsets you to be told something like that perhaps you should choose your words more carefully in future. As GB suggests, you could be more specific about the particular media that "love to screw things up".

In reading this thread, opinions fly all over the map about many different topics. Can we please get back to the original topic or cease and desist. (My personal preference would be for us to cease and desist)
Old 06-05-2008, 02:16 PM   #139
Chief Eating Officer

Quote:
Because I haven't seen it yet.

Not that I don't care to, or that I think it's not there. Maybe it's on their website, but since I don't fly, I never bothered to look for it.

If I DID decide to fly somewhere and had a child who would be traveling with me, then yes, I'd go look. Especially if I thought or knew that he can't have peanuts. But I'd also find out from his parents to be sure.
just because you have not looked for it does not mean that it does not exist. You said it is not known for sure how this works, but that is just plain wrong. Once again, read RonJohns link. It spells it out for anyone who cares to read it. The fact that you did not read it does not mean that it is not known how it works.
Old 06-05-2008, 02:21 PM   #140
Executive Chef

I never said that it doesn't exist. Why won't you guys stop twisting things around?

I'm not saying that it's not there. I'm just saying that I haven't looked. Goodbye.