"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 06-01-2008, 07:45 PM   #61
Chief Eating Officer
 
GB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: USA,Massachusetts
Posts: 25,509
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adillo303 View Post
GB - If the cost of First / Business went up with coach, I agree. If it did not then the cost covers what they WERE getting and the extra fuel is on us in coach.
They were already paying for it though. As Andy found out, his Aruba flight for coach was $445 and a first class for the same flight was $1319. That is a difference of $874. It does not cost the airline $874 more dollars to bring a passenger that distance just because they sit in a seat closer to the Captain and get free drinks and food and get to board first.

I see what you are saying Adillo, but the bottom line is that people pay first class prices to not be treated the same. They pay to be treated better. When it comes right down to it though, they are still paying more than everyone else for the same eventual outcome, getting from point a to point b.
__________________

__________________
You know you can't resist clicking
this link. Your eyes will thank you. VISUAL BLISS
GB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 07:49 PM   #62
Chief Eating Officer
 
GB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: USA,Massachusetts
Posts: 25,509
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey123

And oh yeah; How about being patted down, felt up and your private parts being touched? Tell me THAT isn't humiliating.
If they are feeling up your privates for no reason then you need to bring that up to someone. They can not just do that.

The airlines have done a very good job of publicizing what is and is not allowed on board and what you can do to avoid the hassles. Just read Andy's post on how he travels. If you listened to what the airlines tell you then you would never have anyone patting you down or doing anything like that at all. It is in your hands to prevent a lot of this.
__________________

__________________
You know you can't resist clicking
this link. Your eyes will thank you. VISUAL BLISS
GB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 08:08 PM   #63
Head Chef
 
Adillo303's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Haledon, New Jersey
Posts: 1,072
Send a message via AIM to Adillo303
GB - We are having the same discussion over and over and not getting anywhere.

If A cost $100.00 and b Costs $500 and the common cost to give a and b what they are buying goes up and a still pays $500 and b now has to pay $200, then it is disproportionate. I don't think the airlines were accruing all along for increased fuel and security costs, therefore they must be eating the up cost for fitst / business and making it up in coach.

I don't fly unless necessary it is not really significant.

If anyone wants to pay more for free food (Airline food at that) and free booz without quality booz or atmosphere, let them. You, the seat is more comfy! AND you can say you flew first class.

Please don't be mad at me, I used to fly 35% of my job with 7% of that Overseas. Business or first over 3 hours. Loved it. 9-11 and two hips changed all that for me. Also the business need is not there any more. Airlines can charge whatever they want, they can loose 18Billion over Memorial day for it too.
__________________
Adillo303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 08:14 PM   #64
Chief Eating Officer
 
GB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: USA,Massachusetts
Posts: 25,509
The point I am trying to make though Adillo is that this never was an equitable situation to begin with. First class always paid more and got perks because of it. Why should it be different now?

To top it off, it is completely fair because anyone can buy a first class ticket. If you do not want to pay more because the price of gas has gone up then you are free to buy a first class ticket. Not everyone can afford that, but that is not the airlines fault. That is the problem of the consumer. The airline makes those tickets available to all though. It would only be unfair if they reserved those tickets for specific people. They do not do that though. If you have the money then you can buy one of those tickets.
__________________
You know you can't resist clicking
this link. Your eyes will thank you. VISUAL BLISS
GB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 08:26 PM   #65
Head Chef
 
Adillo303's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Haledon, New Jersey
Posts: 1,072
Send a message via AIM to Adillo303
I am unable to explain my point to you. You are talking about the price difference between first and coach. I concede first gets more / pays more. When a common cost iincreases and first pays what it used to and coach pays more they coach is absorbing the difference. It is not equitable, life is not fair, never said it had to be. Any seller can ask whtever they want for what they are selling. The buyer chooses to buy or not. Not expecting anyone to make it equitable. The fact stands and speaks for itself. If the cost of first went up an equivalent amount, then there i sno discussion to be had.
__________________
Adillo303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 08:29 PM   #66
Chief Eating Officer
 
GB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: USA,Massachusetts
Posts: 25,509
I understand your point. I just do not agree with it.
__________________
You know you can't resist clicking
this link. Your eyes will thank you. VISUAL BLISS
GB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 08:33 PM   #67
Head Chef
 
Adillo303's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Haledon, New Jersey
Posts: 1,072
Send a message via AIM to Adillo303
OK - I made a great 10 grain loaf today.
__________________
Adillo303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 08:59 PM   #68
Master Chef
 
expatgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Texas girl living in Kazakhstan
Posts: 5,575
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adillo303 View Post
Expat = You state we Americans. are tickets cheaper and service better overseas? Jest Askin (Brooklyn expression)
I can't verify if tickets are cheaper.....they're just ridiculous on American airlines,,,,,,,,charge what the going rate and quit nickle and diming the consumer.........whoever said that the next fee would be the use of toilets is not far off the mark and they'll make a fortune off of me........
__________________
The only difference between a "cook" and a "Chef" is who cleans up the kitchen.
expatgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 09:06 PM   #69
Master Chef
 
expatgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Texas girl living in Kazakhstan
Posts: 5,575
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey123 View Post
Fly naked?

Don't talk too loud. They might hear you and start making people do it!
oh, please, that's too sad ..........I know what when the person in front of me got the extra legroom I overheard her loudly mention that there was no way that she was going to help passengers off.......wanta bet...if i was going to go down so was she...... under my armpit.......
__________________
The only difference between a "cook" and a "Chef" is who cleans up the kitchen.
expatgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 05:07 AM   #70
Executive Chef
 
VeraBlue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: northern NJ
Posts: 3,683
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adillo303 View Post
VeraBlue - Would that be disrespecting the cabin?

LOL - That cartoon WAS funny. Thank you - AC

Indeed...
__________________

__________________
How can we sleep while our beds are burning???
VeraBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Discuss Cooking on Facebook

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:45 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.