Airlines May Start Charging for Other Things.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
...A little boy almost died on an AA flight! The attendants passed out peanuts on the flight and the boy smelled them. He almost died. According to his mom, if he even SMELLS peanuts or peanut butter, he'll develop an allergic reaction.

Are you suggesting that's the airline's fault?

well, let me tell you about the last time that i flied.

i couldn't believe it. the flight was delayed, the security kept waving things at me and looking in my bags and shoes, i had a cramped seat, there were no overhead bins left, the flight was bumpy, the food was lousy and full of allergy inducing ingredients, the flight attendants were rude, AND they kept hitting into my shoulder ever time they walked by.

but the worst part was that i didn't get any peanuts.

NO PEANUTS!!!!

i am entitled to my peanuts.

so on my next vacation, we'll be driving.

delayed in traffic, my wife waving the directions in my face and complaining about her shoes, in a cramped car seat, with far too much luggage packed all around, on bumpy roads, sucking in car fumes and roadside weed pollens, with rude toll takers and gas station attendants, with my son kicking the back of my seat every once in a while.

but al least i'll bring peanuts. :)

A little boy almost died on an AA flight! The attendants passed out peanuts on the flight and the boy smelled them. He almost died. According to his mom, if he even SMELLS peanuts or peanut butter, he'll develop an allergic reaction.

Not even remotely close to the article I read...
LI woman sues over in-flight peanuts -- Newsday.com

"For the entire flight . . . plaintiff remained fearful, tense and anxious as she watched over her son's every breath and body twitch, concerned that at any moment her son could have an anaphylactic reaction while imprisoned 35,000 feet into the air," read the lawsuit filed Monday in state Supreme Court in Manhattan.

The lawsuit claims Ryahn's civil rights were violated and that the airline inflicted severe emotional distress on his mother. It cites the Air Carrier Access Act which protects disabled passengers.
He was fine. She was freaked out and now feels the airlines owe her millions of dollars.

This thread could be about the fiber optics industry, the hosiery industry, the furniture industry, etc., etc. It's called a recession. It's not really even "news", it's simply facts.

Corey, the peanut issue is a parental issue, not an airline issue. This could have been prevented!!!

EDITED TO SAY: Yes, thanks for the link.

Last edited:
Are you suggesting that's the airline's fault?

Tough to say, but I'm not laying fault on AA, the child or the mom.

I DID read once that because of alergies and the possibility that a passenger COULD get sick and dies from such an illness, that peanuts were to be banned from all flights.

This goes back about several years.

Because it is not known for sure how this rule is or works.

I only know that most airlines or at least some of them had switched over to pretzels to avoid people getting sick and them or their families filing any lawasuits.

I also never knew that a person can get sick from just smelling peanuts. The boy didn't literally open a bag of peanuts and put his nose in the bag. His mom would not have let him do that. I think he just happened to catch wind of the smell as they were being eaten by the other passengers.

Last edited:
I'm not doubting anyone here.

This didn't come from me. It's what I heard on the news. The news media just seems to love to screw up stuff and make things seem worst than they really are.

Corey, my husband is a reporter and it offends me when you make blanket comments like that. The news media is not to blame for misinterpretations. Please go read Ronjohn's link so that you may have the correct information.

I'm not blaming your husband or trying to offend him in any way.

This is NOT a blanket comment.

Why are some of you always accusing me of that? I can't help what I hear on the news. And I read the link.

The TV news report had said it just the way that I posted it. And the media DOES get stuff wrong at times. It does not mean that your husband does. I'm sure that he's a good reporter. But again, you can't help what you hear on the news.

People at times get their wires crossed. But it doesn't mean that i'm singling out anyone here nor am I singling out friends or relatives of members here.

Last edited:
Because it is not known for sure how this rule is or works.
Yes it is Corey. What makes you say that it is not known? It is printed in black and white on their policies. It is plain as day. I am not sure how it could be any more clear.

The news media just seems to love to screw up stuff and make things seem worst than they really are.

This is NOT a blanket comment.

Why are some of you always accusing me of that?
the reason that you are constantly being accused of making blanket statements is because you continue to make blanket statements. Your one above is a prime example. You are making a blanket statement about "The news media". You did not say that joe brown from ABC news seems to love to screw up. You included all of "The news media". That is the definition of a blanket statement.

1. Oh, please. This is absurd. When I say something, it does NOT mean that I'm making a blanket statemkent nor am I talking about anyone here or their friends or relatives. Why would I talk about people I don't know?

2. Because I haven't seen it yet.

Not that I don't care to, or that I think it's not there. Maybe it's on their website, but since I don't fly, I never bothered to look for it.

3. If I DID decide to fly somewhere and had a child who would be traveling with me, then yes, I'd go look. Especially if I thought or knew that he can't have peanuts. But I'd also find out from his parents to be sure.

I'm going to stop posting here.

Last edited:
Corey, it was a blanket statement as GB has already told you. I am certainly allowed to tell you that your comment offends me as my husband is a member of the "new media" that you claim "love to screw things up". If it upsets you to be told something like that perhaps you should choose your words more carefully in future. As GB suggests, you could be more specific about the particular media that "love to screw things up".

In reading this thread, opinions fly all over the map about many different topics. Can we please get back to the original topic or cease and desist. (My personal preference would be for us to cease and desist)

Because I haven't seen it yet.

Not that I don't care to, or that I think it's not there. Maybe it's on their website, but since I don't fly, I never bothered to look for it.

If I DID decide to fly somewhere and had a child who would be traveling with me, then yes, I'd go look. Especially if I thought or knew that he can't have peanuts. But I'd also find out from his parents to be sure.
just because you have not looked for it does not mean that it does not exist. You said it is not known for sure how this works, but that is just plain wrong. Once again, read RonJohns link. It spells it out for anyone who cares to read it. The fact that you did not read it does not mean that it is not known how it works.

I never said that it doesn't exist. Why won't you guys stop twisting things around?

I'm not saying that it's not there. I'm just saying that I haven't looked. Goodbye.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom