"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Closed Thread

Old 05-29-2007, 08:25 AM   #31
Chief Eating Officer

The only person you are fooling is yourself sushi. Please see what Dove said on post #29.

Old 05-29-2007, 08:58 AM   #32
Master Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Barb L.
Wink

Sushi, you know we will always be here to support you, but you do have to support yourself first. Take one day at a time, set goals for yourself, love yourself you are worth it. You are young and have a whole life ahead of you. Life is good ! It is in your hands and you have the power to overcome. Realize you will never be a social drinker, so what !! No biggy - enjoy and appreciate the simply things in life. Then you will be at peace with yourself, knowing you are in control, not a substance !! Take Care, ! Barb L.

Old 05-29-2007, 11:57 AM   #33
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB
Sorry sushi, but I am not buying it. Don't come here bellyaching about being bored so you are going to drink and then saying how you are out of work. If you really wanted help then you would quit your wining and go out and do something about it. Why don't you check yourself into a program if you are that bored and really want help? Why are you not working on your resume if you are that bored and need a job? Why are you not out applying for jobs if you are that bored and need a job? No, instead you come here and post your whoa is me story.

I really hope you get the help you need, but it seems like you still have a way to go before you hit bottom and hopefully wise up and look at your actions.

Yes and please don't use the old expression; "Oh. I'll stop drinking next week or next month or on New Year's;" as other alcoholics, drug addicts and chronically ill heavy smokers do. That day will never come.

If you got the time and patience to come here and unload and share your chronic problems with alcohol, then you got the time to just get up and start trying to do something about your problems.

The only way for us to try to get you motivated and going is to show you some tough love. I'm sure that you've heard of that before.
Old 05-29-2007, 04:18 PM   #34
Senior Cook

Sushi- You can stop drinking all of the beer and when you do the weight will come off. I have been there too and it is possible to get up, get out and get on with it. I think you have a problem with depression which the drink is making worse. It's easy to be depressed when you feel isolated by lack of family, friends, and work. See a doctor you may need an anti depressant and then start going out. No one at your pool is going to pay as much attention to your weight as you think they will. Swim some which will help you get back in shape and feel so much better about yourself. I wish you health and happiness in the future.
Old 05-29-2007, 04:41 PM   #35
Executive Chef

One of my brothers was an alcoholic. It was so sad! We watched him drink himself to an early grave!

I didn't realise how serious his illness was, until his 2nd wife told me. I used to buy beer and liquor for us both whenever we got together, not even realizing that I was enabling him! He was my very closest brother and we were alway there for each other.

We always had so much fun together an made each other laugh. I would often go to Columbia, SC where he and his 2nd wife lived. Not knowing how dangerously wrong I was about buying him beer and booze, I just wanted him to be happy, which he always was. The liquor store was the first place that we went to to stock up.

He was diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes. But he didn't like pricking himself to check his glucose level, drank even more and ate unhealthy foods. He had a stroke, was taken to the hospital for treatment, but he died several days later after having gone into full cardiac arrest!

His wife wanted to try to donate his liver since he was an organ doner and she had a friend who needed a liver transplant, but the liver was no good. I believe my brother had the start of clerosis of the liver.

He was only 43. It was so sad and heartbreaking!! It was too late to try to get him to change his ways. I'll NEVER find another brother like him!!
Old 05-31-2007, 03:43 AM   #36
Master Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to -DEADLY SUSHI-
Thank you everyone for your support and help. My whole AA class viewed this thread. MANY MANY comments. The biggest is for everyone to realize that this is a disease. Tough Love dosent usually work.
But everyone was VERY happy to see some others that support me. People that have a similar affliction tend to be the people that understand the most. Its difficult for 'outsiders' to grasp how this grabs people.
I want to appologize to GB for rude comments I have made. Im still ticked but it wasnt logical to type them down for all to see. So, GB Im sorry. BUT.... please understand what we are going through. Every DAY is a fight.

Anyhow, this is just another FUN entry on what is means and how it is to be an alcoholic. If folks can relate please call AA. There is someone there 24/7.
Old 05-31-2007, 06:12 AM   #37
Executive Chef

I wish you good luck on trying to get the professinal help that you so desperately need!

There are of course, three things;

1. Admitting that you've got a drinking problem.

2. Trying to get the help needed.

3. Sticking with the plan and getting off alcohol once and for all.

And you cannot ever go back to drinking alcohol again. Because you'll be right back there again.

To make sure that you don't slip back into it, there IS a drug that's called anabuse. What this drug does is, once you start taking it, it makes you very sick to the point of vomitting if you take a drink of beer or booze. You might want to look into it.

It COULD make the difference between staying alcohol-free and living a long healthy life.
Old 05-31-2007, 08:42 AM   #38
Chief Eating Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by -DEADLY SUSHI-
Thank you everyone for your support and help. My whole AA class viewed this thread. MANY MANY comments. The biggest is for everyone to realize that this is a disease. Tough Love dosent usually work.
But everyone was VERY happy to see some others that support me. People that have a similar affliction tend to be the people that understand the most. Its difficult for 'outsiders' to grasp how this grabs people.
I want to appologize to GB for rude comments I have made. Im still ticked but it wasnt logical to type them down for all to see. So, GB Im sorry. BUT.... please understand what we are going through. Every DAY is a fight.

Anyhow, this is just another FUN entry on what is means and how it is to be an alcoholic. If folks can relate please call AA. There is someone there 24/7.
Do not assume I do not know what you are going through DS. Do not assume I do not know that every day is a fight.

What I am saying to you is stop making excuses and get off your butt and do something. Don't tell me that you are bored so you are going to drink when you don't have a job. There are a million and a half activities that you could be doing to get yourself a job instead of drinking. Don't tell me that you won't go to the pool because you are overweight. How do you think you lose the weight??? This is a case of you feeling sorry for yourself. If you want to lose the weight then do something about it. It really is as simple as that. Saying you don't look sexy so you won't go tot he pool is an excuse. The sooner you wake up and see that the sooner your situation will change.

I truly hope you clean up DS. I would like nothing more than to see you succeed in getting clean. It is up to you though and no one else and you can make all the excuses you want, but you are the one those excuses are hurting.
Old 05-31-2007, 10:25 PM   #39
Master Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to -DEADLY SUSHI-
Its ****. And its not logical. Every day is a challenge. If I could find it and smash it I would. Its messed up my llife in so man ways.
Before alcohol my life was ****. The stuff I've been through has been like knife in the heart. Maybe thats why I drink. If I wrote a book no one would believe it.
Old 05-31-2007, 10:32 PM   #40
Chef Extraordinaire

sush, if you want to meet women, and get a job, and stop drinking, just do it. period.

if you want to be a loser, then continue on with drinking. it's as simple as that. look in the mirror everyday, set a goal of what you want to accomplish, and just get through that one day.

and please don't think you're the only one who fights daily battles. gimme a break.

flip the page, man, this book is getting boring.

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
Closed Thread