"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Closed Thread

Old 05-31-2007, 11:20 PM   #41
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by -DEADLY SUSHI-
Its ****. And its not logical. Every day is a challenge. If I could find it and smash it I would. Its messed up my llife in so man ways.
Before alcohol my life was ****. The stuff I've been through has been like knife in the heart. Maybe thats why I drink. If I wrote a book no one would believe it.
Okay, sush! You've dumped a...load. And, yes, it's a load. Listen to your universe...and others who are telling you. Clean up and seek help.

A book? We all could write a book, so give that up.

You've started another thread on this board (Doctor Who), which tells me you have the ability to focus elsewhere.

As I said some time ago, take a shower and get yourself to someone who will help you. Taking care of yourself should be your primary focus before meeting women, etc.

Old 06-01-2007, 12:00 AM   #42
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckytom
sush, if you want to meet women, and get a job, and stop drinking, just do it. period.

if you want to be a loser, then continue on with drinking. it's as simple as that. look in the mirror everyday, set a goal of what you want to accomplish, and just get through that one day.

and please don't think you're the only one who fights daily battles. gimme a break.

flip the page, man, this book is getting boring.
buckytom, an alcoholic does not just "stop drinking and "do it". I found your above comments very rude and insensitive towards Deadly Sushi when you called him a loser. If you want to flip the page, then dont read this thread I suppose. Funny how so many come to this thread though. Finding something in themselves, a glitch perhaps, or a way to help, but either way, it seems to be a compelling thread, yes because we care, but most of the posts are sort of negative in nature. All I can say is if you dont like the thread, dont post.

Old 06-01-2007, 08:52 AM   #43
Executive Chef

The best thing that he can do at this point is to find and check himself into a detoxification center and stay there for as long as it takes for a drying out.

Then he should go to AA meetings and get some theropy and counciling. And hopefully stay away from alcohol altogether!

Yes buckytom, I agree with amber. Calling DS a loser or any other words that hurt is NOT the answer. That only causes him to sink even more. Give him the same respect that you'd want for yourself. Be firm, but don't cdall him any names.
Old 06-01-2007, 10:30 AM   #44
Chef Extraordinaire

amber and corey, i didn't just flat out call sush a loser. did you read my post more than once before you posted with your replies? it's a good habit to get into just to be sure that you're reading someone right. i do that so i don't get on someone for the wrong reasons.

amber, you've often read me the wrong way.

i SAID if he wants to BE a loser (no job, no gf, no life except to sit at home and drink. what do you call that?), then to keep on drinking. he's obviously miserable, and wants to straighten out his act. coddling, hugs, and even logic doesn't seem to work. so i laid it out for him. with both advice and disgust.

i didn't just say things to be mean. i'd love sush to get back on his feet and be the funny guy that we all met a while ago. if i didn't like him in some way (sorry to be talking about you in the second person, man), i would have ignored the thread.

and yes amber, the only way for most people to stop drinking is to stop, and take things one day at a time. one goal, each day, no drinking.

then you can rebuild your life.

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
Old 06-01-2007, 10:44 AM   #45
Sous Chef

Quote:
amber and corey, i didn't just flat out call sush a loser. did you read my post more than once before you posted with your replies? it's a good habit to get into just to be sure that you're reading someone right. i do that so i don't get on someone for the wrong reasons.

i SAID if he wants to BE a loser (no job, no gf, no life except to sit at home and drink. what do you call that?), then to keep on drinking. he's obviously miserable, and wants to straighten out his act. coddling, hugs, and even logic doesn't seem to work. so i laid it out for him. with both advice and disgust.

i didn't just say things to be mean. i'd love sush to get back on his feet and be the funny guy that we all met a while ago. if i didn't like him in some way (sorry to be talking about you in the second person, man), i would have ignored the thread.

and yes amber, the only way for most people to stop drinking is to stop, and take things one day at a time. one goal, each day, no drinking.

First of all, neither you nor GB have been rude or insensitive one bit. If anything, I think you've both exhibited a good deal of patience with a person who should be grateful that, after so regularly publicizing personal aspects of his life, others take the time to weigh in with sound advice and not just Oh, Woe is You pablum.

Second of all, and related to said repeated publications, maybe such venting is actually detrimental in this case. Maybe it has become, if not an addiction in and of itself, a kind of crutch. Maybe DS should forgo the keyboard and face his situation head-on in a Real Life way. Just a thought.
Old 06-01-2007, 11:41 AM   #46
Cook

My father is an alcoholic so this disease has affected me my entire life. My Dad is one of the coolest guys I've ever met. He's funny, smart, talented in alot of different ways, and just a nice guy. That being said he drinks everyday just to stay normal. He's tried to quit many times and when he has went AA and church. He gets the shakes and breaks out in some kind of rashes. As a little girl it was a horrible thing to see my Dad go through and then always fail. It was the reason my parents divorced. Usually he would drink all day long and for the most part you can barely tell. He is what I think is called a high functioning alcoholic. Never lost a job or even a dui. But freqeuntly once he got home he would start slamming them down. Then he became a different person. This person was mean and even at times would not even know who I was. Now when I see him he always has a cooler in the bed of his truck filled with only beer. My Dad had a heart attack a couple of years ago and for what ever reason I didn't find out that it happen until almost a year later. I think he thought his wife called me and that I must of not cared b\c I didn't come see him. I call my Dad everyday now b\c I'm so scared that he is going to die and I won't even know.

I know that you can't do this on your own and you are going to have get a prefessional to help you. I think it's really brave of you to come on here and lay everything out the way you have. Please take the next step. I hope to come on here and see that you are sober and start counting the days with you. You have a wonderful happy life that's waiting for you to start living it.

I hope my going on and on about my Dad was helpful and not strange or anything.
Old 06-01-2007, 02:05 PM   #47
Executive Chef

Quote:

Yes I DID read your post more than once, and it DOES say if he wants to be a loser.
Old 06-01-2007, 02:20 PM   #48
Chief Eating Officer

That is his point though Corey. Bucky did not say he is a loser. He said if he wants to be a loser.

Amber said that Bucky called sushi a loser which is incorrect. Bucky never called him a loser at all.
Old 06-01-2007, 02:24 PM   #49
Executive Chef

I apoligize for the mix-up.
Old 06-01-2007, 02:37 PM   #50
Chef Extraordinaire

thanks gb and suzyq.

i was trying to be careful when wording that so it wouldn't be misunderstood, but, oh well.

sush, my point is still the same. you need to be tough on yourself, and put your mind to what you want to be, then do it. no one would have responded if we didn't think you were capable or worthy of it.

now, don't be a loser.

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
Closed Thread