"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Closed Thread

Old 06-04-2007, 11:26 AM   #71
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by -DEADLY SUSHI-
Ive made a mistake. I thought people on here respected others hardships and they would allow other people with adictions comment. Instead I get people with no experience being just not rude but ignorant. (SuzyQ)
I have one of my AA buddies that is next to me right now. He is BEYOND mad at some of these responses.
Look, if you have HAD an addiction.... respond.
If youre an Armchair critic (like SuzyQ) please save your time. Dont respond. You only make yourself look like a fool in the eyes of an addict.
And for the LAST time..... Im NOT LOOKING FOR AS SHOULDER TO CRY ON.
I thought people on here respected others hardships and they would allow other people with adictions comment. Instead I get people with no experience being just not rude but ignorant. (SuzyQ).... If youre an Armchair critic (like SuzyQ) please save your time.

You know nothing about me or my personal life because I don't use discussscooking.com as my personal blog. As for your intended purpose, if others feel the need to discuss their addictions, I'm sure they're capable of doing so, without prompting from you, in a more appropriate venue.

So I stand by my remarks to you, strong though they may be. Anything else is mere enabling and would encourage you to continue to wallow rather than to do what you need to do to become well.

Old 06-04-2007, 11:42 AM   #72
Executive Chef

You're so right, JGDean & SuzyQ3!!

Drinking alcohol merey just numbs the pain, and when the high wears off, the problem that they had in the first place is STILL there.

Which means that they've drowned themselves in their own misery, but yet they STILL have not taken care of whatever is bothering them.

Then they use drinking alcohol as an excuse, saying things like; "Oh, I need a dring to get out of this problem that I'm having." "Oh, I'm going to drink my problems away." " Oh, I'm not going to any AA meetings because all they do is rag on me and make me want to drink even more." "I'm not going to work or school today." "Oh, I'mm not.......... No!!! They need to get off their rusty dusty and get out there to go try to get professional help!!

Then there are the types who get drunk, then blame others for THEIR problems to try to escape reality. "Oh, if you were around to be with me, I might not have been drinking." "You're the reason that I drink in the first place." "Why did you drink my drinks? They were mine!!"

Then there's the enabling issue;

If you help an addict in any way, such as buying them food, giving them money for alcohol, drugs or any other substance abuse, you're not helping them in a positive way! Their money is all going toward things that are ABUSIVE to them and never for good causes.

Even if you buy them clothes, stuff for the house, pay their way on the subway, pay their bills or anything, and they are not doing anything positive to try to help themselves, YOU ARE ENABLING them ANDTHEY ARE STILL OUT OF CONTROL.

They look for every lame excuse in the world to keep on feeding their destructive habit. In other words, they seem to have a bandaid for EVERYTHING.

Their only purpose in life seems to be finding ways to keep on drinking, rather than finding ways to stop!