"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 12-06-2007, 03:12 PM   #11
Executive Chef

Glad she is recovering and has you taking good care of her!

Maybe you should bake her a PIE! :)

PIE makes everything better!!

Old 12-06-2007, 03:15 PM   #12
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Glad to hear she's home and being taken care by those who love her. Just toss her a crochet hook and tell her she can PM me any time with questions. She'll know what that means.

Old 12-06-2007, 03:17 PM   #13
Chef Extraordinaire

Thanks Ken,
Tell Alix, we miss her and to just rest and get strong...Enjoy the peace and quiet.We don't get pampered very often...

kadesma
Old 12-06-2007, 03:18 PM   #14
DC's Angel

Glad to hear all's well. Wishing a speedy recovery
Old 12-06-2007, 03:21 PM   #15
Chef Extraordinaire

((((((((((((((((((Miss Alix))))))))))))))))))))

I have more if you need them!!!!!

Take Care..

Kool-Aid...Think Before You Drink
Uncle Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 04:56 PM   #16
Executive Chef

Gall Bladder

Ken, tell Alix she is going to have to give me verbatim about how all this happened. I still have my gall bladder AND my appendix too. Everyone seems to have to be having these two parts removed. Why can't I just ask the doctor to take them before they give me pain or trouble? (Watch now, because I said I still got them, they will start giving me trouble) Most everyone I know do not have them anymore. Can someone be born without them? So, rather than continuing to annoy you with these questions, Ken, do you still have your appendix and gall bladder? Ought to take a poll here about who does and who doesn't. I am sure everyone knows or should know I am not young thing anymore.

Alix usually tells me everything straight forward. No mincing of words. So tell her not to spare my feelings and ask her to let me know how bad it hurts. I don't wish her any pain. Just so thankful you are there Ken to make her feel as comfortable as possible. I know she does the same for you. Gives you all the pats on the hand and cheeks she can. After all, what else is marriage for but to try to make each other happy?

thanks Ken, for all you do.
Old 12-06-2007, 05:04 PM   #17
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by In the Kitchen View Post
Ken, tell Alix she is going to have to give me verbatim about how all this happened. I still have my gall bladder AND my appendix too. Everyone seems to have to be having these two parts removed. Why can't I just ask the doctor to take them before they give me pain or trouble? (Watch now, because I said I still got them, they will start giving me trouble) Most everyone I know do not have them anymore. Can someone be born without them? So, rather than continuing to annoy you with these questions, Ken, do you still have your appendix and gall bladder? Ought to take a poll here about who does and who doesn't. I am sure everyone knows or should know I am not young thing anymore.
Knock on Wood! I still have all my parts too! (well except my teeth. Floss people Floss!) So you aren't the only one. God gave us those parts, we usually do something (eat, drink,) to them and then they have to go.
Old 12-06-2007, 05:21 PM   #18
Executive Chef

Renee

I am knocking on wood as you said. How often and how long do I have to knock on wood? Maybe you discovered something! I floss my teeth already. Maybe flossing prevents this type of happening, ho, ho, ho. Whatever, I am happy you floss Renee and continue to keep doing it. My own mother always had her teeth in her apron cause she never could get the teeth to fit right. Now my own brother going through the same thing. Mom always said the best are you own.

Renee, maybe we should form some kind of club? Figure out what we are doing that may be avoiding getting operations. Never realized how different we all are. Glad to hear you have not experienced loss of your gall bladder. Keep in touch. I want to know what happens to you. Thanks for sharing. Not everyone wants to tell you if they have or not have all their parts.
Old 12-06-2007, 05:30 PM   #19
Sous Chef

Alix I hope you feel better in time to enjoy a wonderful and blessed Christmas with Ken, while he carries on wating on you hand, foot and finger!
Old 12-06-2007, 07:20 PM   #20
Executive Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Dina
Thanks for the update Ken. Hugs to Alix and prayers for a quick recovery.