"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 12-06-2007, 07:27 PM   #21
Executive Chef

Get well soon Alix!

Old 12-06-2007, 08:07 PM   #22
Executive Chef

hey Alix, take it easy and come back soon, we miss your input!

Old 12-06-2007, 08:51 PM   #23
Executive Chef

Hope you're up on your feet soon, Alix. Ken, it's awesome that Alix has such a devoted and caring hubby. (If any of us have surgery, do you think she'd share for a couple of days????)
Old 12-07-2007, 07:19 AM   #24
Executive Chef

I wondered where she was. Thanks for the update, Ken, and please wish her well from me.
Old 12-07-2007, 09:59 AM   #25
Master Chef

That's great. Give her a hug for me too, just not too tight.
Old 12-07-2007, 12:13 PM   #26
Everymom

Thanks all! I'm doing just fine and would have been on here sooner but I was still a little dopey from the anaesthetic. I didn't want to post anything too weird. LOL. The surgery was a breeze, as usual its just the build up to it that melts my brain. The actual recovery is fine at the moment.

ITK, don't worry about keeping all your "parts" if they bug you at all, trust me, you will know it! The gallbladder attacks were pretty nasty, (worse than labour pain!) but the actual surgery and the attendant pain there is minor. I'm doing just Advil now, left the T3's behind sometime yesterday. I don't think you should consider having anything removed just so it won't bug you later. Keep what you have as long as you can!

Thanks again everyone for all the good wishes. I felt them all. {{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{DC Family}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
Old 12-07-2007, 12:22 PM   #27
Master Chef

Appreciate the update Ken, tell her that I hope she has a speedy recovery and to hurry back!!! We miss her!

Ok, just saw Alix's post... welcome back girlie!!!
Old 12-07-2007, 01:01 PM   #28
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken View Post
Hi Folks!
If any are wondering about where Alix has been lately, she's home recovering from her gall bladder surgery yesterday (Wed.) while I attempt to attend to her every wish to make her comfortable. (As per ususal.).
She's a little sore, but is doing well...and I'm sure she'll be back her posting like crazy in no time.
Oh my gosh, didn't know. I hope she is doing okay, I understand a person feels new again when gallbladder stuff is fixed. My MIL was a new person.
Wish her well please. Since I just had kidney surgery, I know how she feels.
Tell her I'm getting her my lavender seeds ready to ship. Had to wait for them to blossom.
Old 12-07-2007, 03:02 PM   #29
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alix View Post
I'm doing just fine and would have been on here sooner but I was still a little dopey from the anaesthetic. I didn't want to post anything too weird.

Hey, that might have been kind of fun to read! LOL Glad you're back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alix
I don't think you should consider having anything removed just so it won't bug you later. Keep what you have as long as you can!
I agree! It's funny, sometimes we don't know why we have a certain part, so we assume it has no function. Even doctors said the appendix was an unnecessary part. Recently, though, they have discovered its purpose. I will have to see if I can find the article I read about it. If I remember correctly, it had something to do with the immune system. According to the article, the reason so many people in the U.S. and other developed countries have to have theirs removed is that we are so clean (over-all) and the appendix doesn't have to work very hard. In countries where sanitation isn't so developed, they don't have a lot of appendectomies.

Back to the topic now--Ken, take care of our sweet Alix!

Barbara
Old 12-07-2007, 04:17 PM   #30
Executive Chef

Update

Alix, you must be feeling pretty good to get up for the computer! You sound like yourself, not really complaining too much. Except worse than labor? that sure doesn't sound good. Everything else was tolerable, that is good. Well, now you know what it is like and when it is my turn I will want you to be by the computer to tell me what to do next. No water break though did it? Not many in my family have had gall bladder removed that I know of. Only appendix but since i still have mine maybe the sanitation in my house isn't the best. Someone said undeveloped countries have no appendectomies. Well, they at least got something the is good. Maybe since doesn't have best hospitalization no one knows what is going on. I just will have to wait my turn and hope I am not one of those who has to wait in ER forever. Did you Alix? Or did they take you right away? Boy, do I have my imagination going.

Thank you so much for your time Alix and tell Ken to stay close. Can you eat soup? Crackers?