Alix Doing Well

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ken

Sous Chef
Hi Folks!
If any are wondering about where Alix has been lately, she's home recovering from her gall bladder surgery yesterday (Wed.) while I attempt to attend to her every wish to make her comfortable. (As per ususal.;)).
She's a little sore, but is doing well...and I'm sure she'll be back her posting like crazy in no time. :)

Glad to here she's doing well and on the mends. I have had many friends and family who have had that procediure done. They all comment on how much better they feel with that galbladder gone. Get well soon!

My best wishes for her speedy full recovery. Hope she will be ready for all the Christmas fun soon! :cool:

Ken, be sure to tell her that when my dad had his gall bladder removed, he lost 20 pounds without trying! :LOL::LOL::LOL: (If she's anything like me, she'll taste the lemonade in the lemon of her operation!

Hope she'll be back in working order for the Holidays!

Big hugs to Alix for me, Ken?
And, a big thank you for taking care of one of our most special family members!

ken, this isn't going to sound right, but i was thinking about your wife last night. :angel:

umm, i mean, i was starting to worry a bit about why i haven't seen yous guys around. i was hoping it was nothing more than a computer dealio.

glad to hear alix is ok. tell her we miss her, and hurry back. elfie and gb are starting to draw up their plans for world domination again. :cool:

Thanks for the update Ken! I am sure you and the girls ae treating her like a queen right now ;) Let her know I am think of her and hoping her recovery is quick and painless.

Glad she is recovering and has you taking good care of her!

Maybe you should bake her a PIE! :)

PIE makes everything better!!

Thanks Ken,
Tell Alix, we miss her and to just rest and get strong...Enjoy the peace and quiet.We don't get pampered very often...

kadesma

Gall Bladder

Ken, tell Alix she is going to have to give me verbatim about how all this happened. I still have my gall bladder AND my appendix too. Everyone seems to have to be having these two parts removed. Why can't I just ask the doctor to take them before they give me pain or trouble? (Watch now, because I said I still got them, they will start giving me trouble) Most everyone I know do not have them anymore. Can someone be born without them? So, rather than continuing to annoy you with these questions, Ken, do you still have your appendix and gall bladder? Ought to take a poll here about who does and who doesn't. I am sure everyone knows or should know I am not young thing anymore.

Alix usually tells me everything straight forward. No mincing of words. So tell her not to spare my feelings and ask her to let me know how bad it hurts. I don't wish her any pain. Just so thankful you are there Ken to make her feel as comfortable as possible. I know she does the same for you. Gives you all the pats on the hand and cheeks she can. After all, what else is marriage for but to try to make each other happy?

thanks Ken, for all you do.

Ken, tell Alix she is going to have to give me verbatim about how all this happened. I still have my gall bladder AND my appendix too. Everyone seems to have to be having these two parts removed. Why can't I just ask the doctor to take them before they give me pain or trouble? (Watch now, because I said I still got them, they will start giving me trouble) Most everyone I know do not have them anymore. Can someone be born without them? So, rather than continuing to annoy you with these questions, Ken, do you still have your appendix and gall bladder? Ought to take a poll here about who does and who doesn't. I am sure everyone knows or should know I am not young thing anymore.
Knock on Wood! I still have all my parts too! (well except my teeth. Floss people Floss!) So you aren't the only one. God gave us those parts, we usually do something (eat, drink,) to them and then they have to go.

Renee

I am knocking on wood as you said. How often and how long do I have to knock on wood? Maybe you discovered something! I floss my teeth already. Maybe flossing prevents this type of happening, ho, ho, ho. Whatever, I am happy you floss Renee and continue to keep doing it. My own mother always had her teeth in her apron cause she never could get the teeth to fit right. Now my own brother going through the same thing. Mom always said the best are you own.

Renee, maybe we should form some kind of club? Figure out what we are doing that may be avoiding getting operations. Never realized how different we all are. Glad to hear you have not experienced loss of your gall bladder. Keep in touch. I want to know what happens to you. Thanks for sharing. Not everyone wants to tell you if they have or not have all their parts.

img_517833_0_a1a0e8e0d4ecf6e8c6cea5502a9670de.jpg
Alix I hope you feel better in time to enjoy a wonderful and blessed Christmas with Ken, while he carries on wating on you hand, foot and finger!;)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom