"All good chefs drink."

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Cooking makes me hungry and hunger makes me cook....
can't say it makes me want to drink, or that drinking makes me want to cook...
I must be the anomaly! LOL.

I'm personally really fond of an once (or two) of Benedictine as I'm cooking. It tends to loosen the mind and get creativity flowing :-p

drinking's rampant amongst Chefs. we learned that during class from an instructor. with us culinary students, too. soon-to-be Chefs that drink fer lunch then return to class.

Did you ever watch cookery shows with Keith Floyd - it was reckoned that he was always half cut. He would drink on screen as well. It was one for the pot, big one for the chef when he was using wine.

hmmm,
Drinking makes me want to cook :wacko:

LOL true

There are times though that caution should be used.... drinking while cooking is one thing cooking while drunk is another.... I rarely ruin my food but I do end up making a mess of the kitchen.

What a relief! I thought I was the only one who had drink (wine) while cooking. Seems like it helps me to not worry whether I didn't add enough or added too much. When I sample is only time I should tell that. I do like glass of Port but then that glass is only 1/2 full. Thanks for sharing. Made my day!

I always tell the family, if they catch me talking to myself, I can blame it on the wine.

i know a locally "famous," well known, and highly-regarded chef that cooks at a "famous" restaurant in new orleans.

the dude is an outright party animal and is ALWAYS in trouble with the local authorities over stupid stuff like disturbing the peace, parking violations, noise, etc.

the whole staff at that restaurant is known for their partying.

i know a locally "famous," well known, and highly-regarded chef that cooks at a "famous" restaurant in new orleans.

the dude is an outright party animal and is ALWAYS in trouble with the local authorities over stupid stuff like disturbing the peace, parking violations, noise, etc.

the whole staff at that restaurant is known for their partying.

But how does the food taste? Who cares what they do, as long as the food taste great!

My family won't say anything as long as the food is suitable to keep them satisfied. To me, a good meal is better than ANYthing! Just my opinion.

So if all good chefs drink, I must be a terrible cook? Now that we know they are all closet drunks and alcoholics, does anybody know why?
What drives them to drink so much? I cook all the time, even in a restaurant for awhile, and was never inspired to drink like that. I just never made the connection between drinking and cooking, always kept em separate.

So if all good chefs drink, I must be a terrible cook? Now that we know they are all closet drunks and alcoholics, does anybody know why?
What drives them to drink so much? I cook all the time, even in a restaurant for awhile, and was never inspired to drink like that. I just never made the connection between drinking and cooking, always kept em separate.

Mav, it's not like someone has to hold me up so my beschamel doesn't burn. LOL

I also like tasting the wine I'll be serving with dinner when I'm cooking. I give the whole theme a head start, if you will. :chef: (hic)

The only time I screwed up cooking cuz I was drinking was an apple crisp....
I forgot to put the sugar in the topping.
It was gross.
But the chardonnay was AWESOME!!!!

:) I will drink while cooking at home but never ever on the job. Drinking takes all the fun out of cooking and cooking takes ALL the fun out of drinking.( my own personal quote). After work at night now that's a whole other story because after a hard shift it's hard to unwind and get the adrenaline down.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom