All Hallows Eve

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Angie

Head Chef
Why do you like Halloween?

I love the magical/mystery, the smell of candles in a jack-o-lanter, costumes, erieness, and the time of year as well.

Oh, YEAH ~ someone else that calls it All Hallows Eve. I'm excited, even doing a special recipe to celebrate. Probably won't get a lot of kids, which is nice, but I'm going to dim the lights, light the candles and enjoy.

I love Halloween!!!! Everything about it. It's such a magical treat. It's the one day of the year you can try on being whoever or whatever catches your fancy. I remember as a child, this presented endless opportunities. Something to daydream about for at least a month before the actual night.

Plus for a child, being able to walk up to grown-ups houses and just by knocking on the door, you are rewarded with candy! All sorts of candy. Stuff you've never seen before sometimes.

Most importantly, it happens at night. That's always special. In the semi-darkness, your disguise becomes more real. People actually don't recognize you sometimes. You can laugh and squeal and make spooky noises to your heart's content. It's pure delight for one whole evening. How great is that?

:)I love Halloween but sadly I live too far from town to get into it like I would like.I remember years ago in Durango,Colorado when I was much younger my 20s and early 30s they would rope off part of Main Street it was so great I never saw as many creative costumes as I did there.Such a blast especially if I got a Mushroom Appetizer first:wacko:

Last edited:
Buck and I enjoy it. We look forward to the mayhem that will happen. Fortunately, we'll probably be able to sit out on our front porch tomorrow night and hand out treats to all the local ghosties and goblins.

There are a number of children/candy beggars who create their own costumes. Some of them are nothing short of awesome. Those are the ones we look forward to. We anticipate tomorrow night. Should be fun.

For me halloween was all way a night of great anticipation of what kinds of goodies I would git from my neighbors, most knew who I was being I was very big for my age but it was a lot of fun for a kid and if my memory serves me right it all ways rained or was cold
Now tonight in Des Moines it is a perfect night for the kids warm no rain and ever so much ground to cover . Now I like Halloween for the joy it brings to the little kids with there cute costumes

To tell the truth, I say Sow-Ain with a bit of the A in “in” part of the pronunciation…..But that is old school. How ‘bout you, how do you pronounce it?:cool:
Same. Sow-AIN, verses Inn. But the sign out front says All Hallows Eve. I freak my neighbors out enough walking out in full Ren garb every weekend in October and November. Putting Samhain on the sign might push them over the edge.

This illustrates why I love Halloween so much. A friend and I went to a costume party last weekend and I made us both roman togas to wear. When we got there, we were promptly nicknamed The Goddesses! That is probably the only time in my life that a lots of people, many complete strangers, will call me a goddess all night long.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Attachments

• goddesses.JPG
    goddesses.JPG
    23.2 KB · Views: 152
I love Halloween because it's my boy's birthday:)

Question:
if Halloween is slang for "(all) Hallow's evening"

then why don't we call it "Christmaseen?"

I went to a costume party last week end also. great fun.. tons of people. I like the parties for Saint Hallows Eve because chilin with friends and havin fun is great.

I love your party pics, LT! It looks like you had a blast. We never stop liking to play dress-up, do we?
LOL thanx. yeah they had some toga girls there to. This is the first time in many a years i have dressed up. Make up took for ever though. Good thing my sista was putting it on or i would have Fubar'd it all up. What does Sow-in mean

Hollow`en is also our Wedding Anniversary (9 years this year). so I`ts double cool here :)

And I get to Legally scare the neighbors and local kids :w00t2::devilish:

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom