All We Do Is Eat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mudbug

Chef Extraordinaire
Some of you know that I got a new job. Let me tell you about a few features of this office:

Every month they put on a (hot) lunch, free to all comers, to tell about what's going on in the region.

Every Friday my department takes turns springing for breakfast.

Food left over from group meetings is made available to anyone who wants to nosh (announced over the PA system).

A nice lady from the second floor comes around to every cubicle on Friday afternoons with a big bowl of candy.

Once a month, they serve ice cream in the main conference room to celebrate all the birthdays in that month.

That's cool, Mudbug!
Maybe not if your watching your intake, but, sounds like a nice company anyway.

Is there another opening? :LOL:

You reminded me of the Seinfeld episode with everyone in the office coming into Elaine's office with a cake everyday and singing "Get Well, Get Well Soon."

Last edited:
Sounds nice mudbug, plenty of places have a fit over a coffee break, your new job sounds great...for us foodies :LOL:

kadesma

I love workplaces that eat! Sometimes we all order hamburgers from a local takeaway and in winter we have Soup Day every Wednesday where everyone takes a turn to bring in soup and bread.

ohhhhhh, i like the sound of a soup day. winter and soup go hand in hand.:)

We have had some great soups too. One of my favourites was chicken and almond.
We also have morning tea each week now which must be bought in by the losing tribe from Survivor!! (everyone has a person and the tribe that loses immunity challenge feeds the whole tribe/staff)

I always think when I have a job that I'll eat less. Every single job I've ever held has bowls of candy on all the secretaries' desks, potluck buffets, people who bring in donuts, etc. These temptations aren't hanging around in my house! I'd seldom eat candy and never eat donuts when I'm at home!!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom