Allison Krauss and Robert Plant - Raising Sand

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GB

Chief Eating Officer
If you are looking for some new music to listen to then I would highly recommend this new album. Robert Plant is the former front man from Led Zeppelin and Allison Krauss is an amazing bluegrass singer. they are not two people you would usually think of playing music together, but man am I happy they did it. This album gets better and better each time I listen to it. Do yourself a favor and pick it up.

If you are looking for some new music to listen to then I would highly recommend this new album. Robert Plant is the former front man from Led Zeppelin and Allison Krauss is an amazing bluegrass singer. they are not two people you would usually think of playing music together, but man am I happy they did it. This album gets better and better each time I listen to it. Do yourself a favor and pick it up.
:)Dont you mean Allison Kraus is a blues singer bluegrass is different than the blues.

No, you wouldn't expect those two to be on the same album.
I like Allison Krause's voice, but was never much of a fan of Plant's solo stuff.

Thanks for the tip GB. I love Allison Krauss. Haven't heard anything of Plant's in a long while. Sounds like an interesting mix.

No, you wouldn't expect those two to be on the same album.
I like Allison Krause's voice, but was never much of a fan of Plant's solo stuff.
I was never crazy about his solo stuff either. This is a great change though. His voice takes on a much softer quality.

I think only one of the songs on the album was written by Plant. All the others are covers.

oops, I didn't butcher the spelling of her name too bad .....
Yeah, they sound kind of good together. Their voices mix well.

img_504649_0_9987721df8e8dbabd223af349d6737b3.jpg

My dh adores AK.
For all I know, he's already bought this and listens to it on his long drive to work.
Hate to admit it but she is darling, and why can't I sing like that?:neutral:

My daughter heard her singing one day and asked "Daddy who is that singing?" I told her it was Allison Krauss. She then said "She sounds just like an angel." My girl has good taste :mrgreen:

Allison is amazing. We saw her and the rest of Union Station with Tony Rice in Knoxville, doing mostly his stuff. It was incredible.

I'm a big fan of Allison; looking forward to buying this new one..........
The two were interviewed on NPR last saturday morning, and selected cuts were played. Plant is totally Un-Zeppelin on this'n, as well he must be to blend with the angellic voice of Allison.

Yeah I heard that interview luckytrim. You are absolutely right about Plant being un-zep on this one. This album really shows the range he has.

What I like about this album, among other things, is that on some tracks they sing together, on some they back each other up, and on some it is just one or the other. It really works.

GB just got this today. Looking forward to hearing this weekend if I get chance to be alone. Hope you still enjoy it. Also picked up CD by Mary Chapin Carpenter. The Calling

Back
Top Bottom