Alternating (eye) glasses?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
30$ for glasses doesn't sound right, it costs a lot more for good ones.

The cost for glasses are in the lens. The stronger the prescription, the more costly. Before my surgery,

Each of my lens cost more than $300 a piece. My new ones will cost only $10 for each lens in my reading glasses. The frames are an adittional cost. You can order them on line and they are way cheap.

Welcome to DC. A fun place to be. :angel:

I only wear reading glasses, & they are very conservative. (No Elton John glasses going on here. lol). Bought my wire-framed glasses from the eye doctor. Since my insurance co does not cover bifocals, I bought two black-framed bifocals from the 99 cent store. They have outlasted the wire frames. I've had cataract surgery on both eyes, so I would never buy glasses on line. Non-perscription sunglasses can be more fashionable, but, no loud colors. Let me know when Chanel has a sale. :cool:

I only wear reading glasses, & they are very conservative. (No Elton John glasses going on here. lol). Bought my wire-framed glasses from the eye doctor. Since my insurance co does not cover bifocals, I bought two black-framed bifocals from the 99 cent store. They have outlasted the wire frames. I've had cataract surgery on both eyes, so I would never buy glasses on line. Non-perscription sunglasses can be more fashionable, but, no loud colors. Let me know when Chanel has a sale. :cool:

My eye surgeon heard me when I said that I still wanted to wear glasses. So when she removed my cateracts, she put in a lens that didn't quite give me perfect vision. So I still wear infinity lens along with reading ones. And like you, who cares what the reading ones look like. They don't leave my apartment. For sewing and the computer. For sunglasses, I ordered my infinity lens with the Transitional feature. Automatic sunglasses. Love them. :angel:

My eye surgeon heard me when I said that I still wanted to wear glasses. So when she removed my cateracts, she put in a lens that didn't quite give me perfect vision. So I still wear infinity lens along with reading ones. And like you, who cares what the reading ones look like. They don't leave my apartment. For sewing and the computer. For sunglasses, I ordered my infinity lens with the Transitional feature. Automatic sunglasses. Love them. :angel:

How did your cataract surgery turn out, Addie? I recall a thread you started some time ago. My surgeon made it so I could see close with one eye & distance from the other. I have not heard of infinity lenses, but it's been awhile since I went to the doctor/surgeon. I made the mistake of switching eye doctors when I moved, changing to the BF's doc. He claimed to have Gluacoma, but I think it was an excuse to get pot. :ermm:

How did your cataract surgery turn out, Addie? I recall a thread you started some time ago. My surgeon made it so I could see close with one eye & distance from the other. I have not heard of infinity lenses, but it's been awhile since I went to the doctor/surgeon. I made the mistake of switching eye doctors when I moved, changing to the BF's doc. He claimed to have Glaucoma, but I think it was an excuse to get pot. :ermm:

Infinity lens are the proper name for lens that let nearsighted folks see far off into the distance. To the end. As far as the eye can see.

I am only seen by an opthamologist, not an optometrist. As you know the first one is a fully trained medical doctor that had more than eight years of training. They are qualified to perform surgery on the eyes. The latter is only qualified to examine eyes and prescribe glasses. They also can sometimes identify eye diseases, but are not allowed by law to treat them. They have to refer the patient to an opthamologist. Since you had cataract surgery, you should stick with an opthamologist. You now have an artificial implant in your eyes and the optometrist cannot treat you if there is ever a problem with them. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom