Alton Brown Lecture

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Maverick2272

Washing Up
Alton Brown (Good Eats) will be lecturing at the Museum of Science and Industry in Chicago. As members, we get a discount on the tickets should we choose to go.
For us the tickets are $30 for adults and $20 for kids. It is one hour long, then 30min q&a and then he will sign books while refreshments are served.
Has anyone been to one of his lectures? Is it worth the price? I think he is kinda quirky but I do like his show. The kids liked the idea, and know who he is and want to attend. If we go it will be $120 for the entire family...

He is a little quirky, but I wonder if thats not due to his passin for both cooking and cinematography. If I lived near I'd be there in a heartbeat. He seems to know his food, and understands the cooking process much better than most. If you do go, please tell us, I'd like to know what it was like.

B

If I go it is March 15th, gonna have to wait awhile, but should I choose to go (IE should DW choose to let me drop the money on it) I will give a full report.
Maybe a pic or two if I am lucky!

Well, unfortunately thanks to the surgery and then the pneumonia, I did not get the chance to go. I am very bummed, but oh well hopefully there will be other opportunities.

curious what he was lecturing on? He gets his food science info from Shirley Corriher. Guess they wouldn't want her, tho, she's not the star so wouldn't draw as much of a crowd as the "pretender".:(

I don't know, unfortunately they took down the links, but I remember they eluded to things like "make the porridge just right" and "cling to me". I never got the chance to go online and check it out as DW and I were still going back and forth over who all would attend, if anyone at all, when I went into the hospital. I wanted us all to go, she only wanted me to go while her and the kids just visited the other exhibits.

Hearing he reins from Georgia got me thinking, maybe he'll be speaking sometime here! Sure enough, in 8 days he'll be at the Cobb civic center for a lecture to raise money for the Cobb library system. Maybe I'll go, or more from the board if I can't make it, here is more information:

Ok, can't post URL's yet, so its h t t p : / / www cobbcat org / press_release htm

Just replace the spaces in the url with '.'s and you know how the http part works.

I like Alton Brown and would love to have a chance to hear his lectures. But it doesn't look like he comes out my way too often. Anyone interested can check his site for his whereabouts: AltonBrown.com

Back
Top Bottom