Alton Brown on Turner Classic Movies Tonight!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BreezyCooking

Washing Up
For the entire month of November, the Turner Classic Movies channel is having "guest programmers" every night, starting at 8 p.m. Each guest gets to pick 3 of their favorite movies to be shown that night.

I was pleasantly surprised to find that tonight's "guest programmer" is none other than Alton Brown!! What fun!!

His first movie pic, which started at 8 p.m., was the Woody Allen classic - "What's Up Tiger Lily?". For you non-Woody fans, it's a Japanese spy flick that Woody dubbed over in English, the plot being to obtain the world's greatest recipe for egg salad. What a perfect pick by Alton.

He's got two more movies (& introductory spots) after this, but I don't recall what they are.

Anyway - just thought I'd give a heads up to those of you who get the channel & like classic films. :)

For the entire month of November, the Turner Classic Movies channel is having "guest programmers" every night, starting at 8 p.m. Each guest gets to pick 3 of their favorite movies to be shown that night.

I was pleasantly surprised to find that tonight's "guest programmer" is none other than Alton Brown!! What fun!!

His first movie pic, which started at 8 p.m., was the Woody Allen classic - "What's Up Tiger Lily?". For you non-Woody fans, it's a Japanese spy flick that Woody dubbed over in English, the plot being to obtain the world's greatest recipe for egg salad. What a perfect pick by Alton.

He's got two more movies (& introductory spots) after this, but I don't recall what they are.

Anyway - just thought I'd give a heads up to those of you who get the channel & like classic films. :)

Well, I won't comment on AB & What's Up Tiger Lily. I'm a huge fan of the classics - particularly the old B/Ws; & watch AMC (American Movie Classics) as often as I can. Thought it was owned by Mr. T. You must have a different cable co or service than I do - as this weekend was mostly reruns & lots of war movies for Vet's Day. Recently watched One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (and a few other Jack movies), Psycho, The Birds, that have aired several times recently.

Re Woody - would love to have seen a few of my faves - Manhattan, Annie Hall & Sleeper - to name just a few - w/o egg salad. :LOL:

There are some truly great old classic films, but doubt they will ever be aired again - cuz I think Mr. T owns them or the rights. :mad:

The programming is so incredbly boring on AMC, I find myself watching reruns on VH1 like "I love New York" etc. What a HOOT! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
The "Turner Classic Movies" channel is totally different & separate from "American Movie Classics" (THANK GOD!!). TCM actually shows true "classics" (for instance, all day today they're showing a marathon of the old black-&-white "Saint" mysteries starring George Sanders), while AMC primarily shows the same stuff - only a small portion of which can be remotely considered "classic" - over & over & over & over. Plus, TCM is completely commercial free, while AMC seems to have more commercial interruptions than programming. It's like comparing apples & oranges.

We have DirectTV, & both TCM & AMC are part of our package. AMC came free with the basic package; TCM with the premium.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom