"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 07-15-2005, 11:32 AM   #11
Sous Chef

Actually she stays up later than I do and I can't make too much noise when I get up at 2:00 a.m. or she will get up and come searching out what the noise is with an old school bell that her great, great, great grandmother use to ring to get the kids to come in for school. I don't know if she plans on hitting someone over the head with the bell or just start ringing it. I asked her once and she said she didn't know yet.

Old 07-15-2005, 01:50 PM   #12
Head Chef

I found some Stainless Steel scrubber stuff at Home Depot because I hated my dingy looking sink too. =P You spray it on, it foams up, then you use some elbow grease to get it all shiny. I don't use it all the time but just every few weeks as it needs it. And I thought I was the only one who obsessed about that kind of stuf...

;)
Z

Old 07-15-2005, 01:56 PM   #13
Chief Eating Officer

IcyMist I don't have a suggestion on how to clean the sink, but how about this? You mom makes a big mess that you end up cleaning up when she makes her smoothies. What if you were to make them for her? It sounds like the amount of effort to make them would be less than the amount of effort to clean up after her. Of course you don't have to let mom know you are making them because she makes a big mess. Tell her you are doing it because you love her and want to make them for her (which I am sure would not be a lie anyway). That way you have your clean kitchen and Mom feels even more loved than she already does
Old 07-15-2005, 05:35 PM   #14
Sous Chef

Good idea, but you don't know my mom. :) She has always been in charge and it took a lot for her to admit that she can no longer drive a car and sell her car, but she did it. DOUBLE BUT she likes to do things herself and would be upset with me if I made them.

Oops guess I was calling my stainless steel sink an alunimum sink.....ARGGG blame it on....ummmm, errrrr, not enough sleep? :)
Old 07-15-2005, 05:40 PM   #15
Chief Eating Officer

I completely understand IcyMist. My mom would probably be the same way.