Originally Posted by Gourmet Greg
You might want to be careful about eating too much raw rhubarb. It contains oxalic acid which is toxic, although it's arguable that it would take eating a huge amount of rhubarb to notice the toxic effects. Might be particularly bad for pregnant women (the fetuses actually) but caution should be used when eating raw rhubarb.
Cooking destroys the toxic effects.
Most of it was cooked (4 stalks not, maybe 1/2 lb), and our research was 25 lb. re: toxicity. I used about 2 lb of rhubarb for the various dishes.