Am I the ONLY one sitting at home this evening?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shannon in KS

Cooking Links Contest Winner
Yes, I am sitting at home this evening, cooking a nice dinner for me and the little one, and watching movies. I have had 5 (already) drunks call me- "ya goin nu comme overrrr?" (crash crash bang loud music horns) I don't recall going out on New Year's Eve... well, ok, this makes sense, since I had the little one.

Anyone else having a peaceful evening at home?

Paul and I are staying home
he's even going to let me cook him dinner
from a box. It's been a very "do nothing" kind of day.

My sister and her husband along with dh and I go out for a very early Italian dinner every New Years eve and then we rush home to our dogs because Hawaii goes firecracker crazy and before the night is out, you can't see your hand in front of your face because of the smoke. The noise scares my little chihuahua and has him going crazy trying to hide with fright. Be thinking of you, Shannon and your little one. Happy New Year to all.......Linda

My wife and I are staying home with our baby. Once we put her to bed I will make cheese fondue and open some wine. We rented the entire 4th season of 24 and are watching them all night. We have been doing that since the first season. We wait until it is out on video and then watch them all at once (or as close to that as possible).

awwww, Wasabi your poor chi! You need to get some ear muffs!!

Happy New Years to you all! Curling up at home with loved ones! I am hoping the New Year brings me and the daughter a new loved one to spend next New Year's with hahahaha

We are going out for an early dinner,with DH, and all the kids and grandkids and my mom. Then home to relax and stay safe and warm..Dh will most likely go to bed early he has been having some siatica problems and really needs to get off his feet.I've got some romas slowly roasting in the oven so will be up til they are done at about 12. Everyone is coming over here tomorrow for dinner so we will have our fun then.
kadesma:)

I'm heading to work ~ so I'll be serving the partiers, not participating. Which is just fine with me. I think movies, food and snuggles on the couch sound much better though...

:heart:
Z

GB said:
My wife and I are staying home with our baby. Once we put her to bed I will make cheese fondue and open some wine. We rented the entire 4th season of 24 and are watching them all night. We have been doing that since the first season. We wait until it is out on video and then watch them all at once (or as close to that as possible).

We used to watch 24 before we moved and lost tv reception but we recieved the 4th season as a x-mas gift. We can't watch them when Aidan is around but I've been watching the 3-4 times I get up to feed Callum in the middle of the night. I get through a little more than an episode a night, some times more because I can't seem to stop watching after Callum has fallen back asleep.

We will all probably be in bed when the clock strikes midnight. A quiet night for us. We might go to our neighbors house for pizza and have an early night. dh works tomorrow, his first shift back since we had Callum. And my first 24 hours with two kids ALONE! :eek: Now there is an episode of 24 you'd want to miss.:LOL: Wish me luck! And happy new year!

corazon90 said:
And my first 24 hours with two kids ALONE! :eek: Now there is an episode of 24 you'd want to miss.:LOL: Wish me luck! And happy new year!

hahahahha! I am sure you will be fine! Just as you did with one child, you will find strength you never knew you had! How much fun is life without a challenge and a learning opportunity? :)

I'm looking forward to Turkey Day revisited and the tube... and leaving the drinking and craziness to the kids. The bestest New Year's eve I've ever 'spent' was in Vegas. At midnight everyone kissed each other (regardless of whether you knew them or not), and went back to their gaming apparatus of choice.:LOL:

Happy New Year!!

With all the roads flooded or covered in mud from the landslides and drippy, dreary weather we have had today, I don't think anyone around here is going anywhere. It just would not be safe. So, I think I will just curl up on the couch with the dog and watch a movie and eat popcorn!!

SierraCook said:
With all the roads flooded or covered in mud from the landslides and drippy, dreary weather we have had today, I don't think anyone around here is going anywhere. It just would not be safe. So, I think I will just curl up on the couch with the dog and watch a movie and eat popcorn!!

It's been raining here as well, Sierra. Watched some of what's going on in your neck of the woods on the news. Sure hope things get better there for you. :) Happy New Year!

mish said:
The bestest New Year's eve I've ever 'spent' was in Vegas. At midnight everyone kissed each other (regardless of whether you knew them or not), and went back to their gaming apparatus of choice.:LOL:

Happy New Year!!

Booking flight for next year....... :LOL: Heck, maybe I can pull a "Britney" and get hitched too! Happy New Year's Mish!

shannon in KS said:
Booking flight for next year....... :LOL: Heck, maybe I can pull a "Britney" and get hitched too! Happy New Year's Mish!

Just don't stay where we stayed - (The down side), the bed was bolted to the wall. :ROFLMAO: Happy New Year to you too :) (edited to add: re getting 'hitched'... I don't think there's enough alcohol in Vegas.:ohmy:

Last edited:
mish said:
It's been raining here as well, Sierra. Watched some of what's going on in your neck of the woods on the news. Sure hope things get better there for you. :) Happy New Year!

Oh, it will be fine. It is not so bad up here. Down in the Sacramento Valley that is another story.

Happy New Year to All!! :)

HappyNewYear08.gif

Barbara L said:
We are watching the movie Alexander,
If you haven't seen the movie Alexander yet, DON'T bother. It is some of the worst garbage I have ever seen. Almost pure fiction from what I have read about him, and the flashbacks are making me dizzy. It also went past the limit of body parts normally allowed in an R-rated movie, but that's all I will say about that! The movie is awful.

:) Barbara

Well we went to our maternal grandparent's house for Christmas with them. (They went to our out-of-state aunt and uncles for Christmas.)

Grace

Back
Top Bottom