"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 12-31-2005, 06:49 PM   #1
Cooking Links Contest Winner

Send a message via Yahoo to shannon in KS
Am I the ONLY one sitting at home this evening?

Yes, I am sitting at home this evening, cooking a nice dinner for me and the little one, and watching movies. I have had 5 (already) drunks call me- "ya goin nu comme overrrr?" (crash crash bang loud music horns) I don't recall going out on New Year's Eve... well, ok, this makes sense, since I had the little one.

Anyone else having a peaceful evening at home?

Old 12-31-2005, 06:52 PM   #2
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
Paul and I are staying home
he's even going to let me cook him dinner
from a box. It's been a very "do nothing" kind of day.

Old 12-31-2005, 06:56 PM   #3
Executive Chef

My sister and her husband along with dh and I go out for a very early Italian dinner every New Years eve and then we rush home to our dogs because Hawaii goes firecracker crazy and before the night is out, you can't see your hand in front of your face because of the smoke. The noise scares my little chihuahua and has him going crazy trying to hide with fright. Be thinking of you, Shannon and your little one. Happy New Year to all.......Linda
Old 12-31-2005, 06:59 PM   #4
Chief Eating Officer

My wife and I are staying home with our baby. Once we put her to bed I will make cheese fondue and open some wine. We rented the entire 4th season of 24 and are watching them all night. We have been doing that since the first season. We wait until it is out on video and then watch them all at once (or as close to that as possible).
Old 12-31-2005, 07:17 PM   #5
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
That sounds like a perfect night GB. Have fun!
Old 12-31-2005, 07:24 PM   #6

awwww, Wasabi your poor chi! You need to get some ear muffs!!

Happy New Years to you all! Curling up at home with loved ones! I am hoping the New Year brings me and the daughter a new loved one to spend next New Year's with hahahaha
Old 12-31-2005, 07:30 PM   #7
Chef Extraordinaire

We are going out for an early dinner,with DH, and all the kids and grandkids and my mom. Then home to relax and stay safe and warm..Dh will most likely go to bed early he has been having some siatica problems and really needs to get off his feet.I've got some romas slowly roasting in the oven so will be up til they are done at about 12. Everyone is coming over here tomorrow for dinner so we will have our fun then.
kadesma
Old 12-31-2005, 07:37 PM   #8
Head Chef

I'm heading to work ~ so I'll be serving the partiers, not participating. Which is just fine with me. I think movies, food and snuggles on the couch sound much better though...

Z
Old 12-31-2005, 09:14 PM   #9
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB
My wife and I are staying home with our baby. Once we put her to bed I will make cheese fondue and open some wine. We rented the entire 4th season of 24 and are watching them all night. We have been doing that since the first season. We wait until it is out on video and then watch them all at once (or as close to that as possible).
We used to watch 24 before we moved and lost tv reception but we recieved the 4th season as a x-mas gift. We can't watch them when Aidan is around but I've been watching the 3-4 times I get up to feed Callum in the middle of the night. I get through a little more than an episode a night, some times more because I can't seem to stop watching after Callum has fallen back asleep.

We will all probably be in bed when the clock strikes midnight. A quiet night for us. We might go to our neighbors house for pizza and have an early night. dh works tomorrow, his first shift back since we had Callum. And my first 24 hours with two kids ALONE! Now there is an episode of 24 you'd want to miss. Wish me luck! And happy new year!
Old 12-31-2005, 09:25 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by corazon90
And my first 24 hours with two kids ALONE! Now there is an episode of 24 you'd want to miss. Wish me luck! And happy new year!
hahahahha! I am sure you will be fine! Just as you did with one child, you will find strength you never knew you had! How much fun is life without a challenge and a learning opportunity?