Amazon Groceries

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jpmcgrew

Executive Chef
:)I just found this site Im still not sure what to think of it they carry only non perishables its all sold by the case but they do carry some interesting spices,oils etc that I for one cant get here I dont know if the prices are better or not but its free shipping on any order over $25.00. I found some interesting imported stuff like season mixes and rubs from Africa.Nut oils and so on.Check it out.Amazon.com Grocery: Snacks, Cookies and Candy, Coffee and Tea, Natural & Organic, Baby Care, Household, Pet Supplies & more Grocery:
Alot of the stuff is just regular stuff from the store but like I said they do have some hard to find items.

Last edited:
:)I just spent more time looking around when you click on some thing like pasta and rice they just show the best selling brands if you look to the left you can click the see more on bottom they have the alphabet click a letter for brands with that letter.They have some great rices like bamboo green and they carry alot of gluten free pastas and other gluten free products for those that cant eat gluten.Im starting to like this site they carry hundreds of brands.Oh they carry quite a bit of organic products also.

did anyone else think "giant female produce"!?

BT, I think you'r e the only one. With the popularity of the internet. Mentally connecting (linking) Amazon with large women doesn't happen as much as it used to.

I guess you're showing your age.

Warning: you may be sucked into a hole of amusement for quite some time because of this.

Amazon.com sells (or used to) "Tuscan" brand fresh milk. They mail it to you. Obviously preposterous.

Because this is so ridiculous, people started posting funny reviews. There are currently almost 1000 reviews for Amazon's Tuscan Milk. Many are very clever. Some are poems or very short stories, even. I seriously doubt that more than a handful even bought the stuff.

Amazon's Tuscan Milk reviews have acquired a sort-of cult following.
The New York Times even wrote an article avout it.

It seems that Amazon has had to take down the Tuscan Milk page, but you can find it by going here and clicking on the cached version of Tuscan Milk reviews (the first entry)

Last edited:
:)I just found this site Im still not sure what to think of it they carry only non perishables its all sold by the case but they do carry some interesting spices,oils etc that I for one cant get here I dont know if the prices are better or not but its free shipping on any order over $25.00. I found some interesting imported stuff like season mixes and rubs from Africa.Nut oils and so on.Check it out.Amazon.com Grocery: Snacks, Cookies and Candy, Coffee and Tea, Natural & Organic, Baby Care, Household, Pet Supplies & more Grocery:
Alot of the stuff is just regular stuff from the store but like I said they do have some hard to find items.

Thanks for the link, jpm. The internet is a great resource for on line ordering/shopping & saves time. I don't buy in large quantities, so will peruse the site when I have more time to look around. At first glance, looks mostly like dry/canned foods. Reminded me of a site called net grocer. If you have a chance, check it out. Thanks again.

Last edited:
Warning: you may be sucked into a hole of amusement for quite some time because of this.

Amazon.com sells (or used to) "Tuscan" brand fresh milk. They mail it to you. Obviously preposterous.

Because this is so ridiculous, people started posting funny reviews. There are currently almost 1000 reviews for Amazon's Tuscan Milk. Many are very clever. Some are poems or very short stories, even. I seriously doubt that more than a handful even bought the stuff.

Amazon's Tuscan Milk reviews have acquired a sort-of cult following.
The New York Times even wrote an article avout it.

It seems that Amazon has had to take down the Tuscan Milk page, but you can find it by going here and clicking on the cached version of Tuscan Milk reviews (the first entry)
Thanks so much for posting this. It's the funniest thing I've read in a long time.

Amazon got tired of the fun and has killed the link. You can see Tuscan Milk in a search, but the page itself is gone. I figured they’d kill it before long. Oh well.

did anyone else think "giant female produce"!?

I immediately thought of a song. Does anyone else remember "Jolly Green Giant" by the Kingsmen (same ones who gave us Louie Louie)

You heard about the Jolly Green Giant (potatoes)
He's so big and mean (artichoke hearts)
He stands there laughin' with his hands on his hips
And then he hits you with a can of beans

He lives down in his valley (Brussels sprouts)
The cat stands tall and green (spinach)
Well, he ain't no prize, and there's no women his size
And that's why the cat's so mean

One day he left His valley pad
I mean to say This cat was mad
Now looking 'round He weren't gone long
Until he ran into an Amazon

Well, this changed his whole complexion (broccoli)
He had never seen such a beautiful sight (corn)
Well, he looked at her
And she looked at him
And she almost passed out from fright
He looked at her, thought, what a dilly
He touched her once, she slapped him silly
This was something he'd never sensed
He looked at her and she commenced
Now listen, pal, this ain't no spoof
I can't see goin' with a big green goof

Now you've heard about the Jolly Green Giant (eggplant)
Don't let his troubles cross your mind (celery stalks)
He couldn't get Sally, so went back to his valley
The cat was color-blind

Last edited:
SHOOT!

I just noticed that they shut down all the other reviews .... some were soooooo funny :mad:

Jug of Milk, who made thee?
Dost thou know who made thee?
Gave thee life, & bid thee feed
The children & lay o’er the cereal;
Gave thee whitest of white color;
Softest velvet taste, smooth, and soothing;
Gave thee such a pleasant after-taste,
Making sleep to soon over-take?
Jug of Milk, who made thee?
Dost thou know who made thee?
Jug of Milk, I’ll tell thee,
She is called by her name,
For she calls herself Elsie.
She is meek, & she is mild;
She is as dumb as a box of rocks.
I a child, & thou a bowl of cereal,
We are called to use her milk.
Tuscan Whole Milk, 1 Gallon, 128 fl oz , God bless thee!
Tuscan Whole Milk, 1 Gallon, 128 fl oz , God bless thee!
But who sells milk via the internet?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom