Amazon is Buying Whole Foods

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Steve Kroll

Wine Guy
It will be interesting to see how this shakes out...

Amazon is buying Whole Foods for $13.7 billion - Jun. 16, 2017

I know a lot of people on DC are not fans of Whole Foods (or Whole Paycheck, as some call it), but there is one right across the street from where I work, so I sometimes go over there to grab lunch, or pick up a few things to take home. If they weren't so darn convenient, I probably wouldn't shop there as often as I do, though.

I know we had a thread awhile ago talking about Amazon going to open food stores but I can't find the thread. Does anyone remember that??
I remember someone saying they would have meal kits like Blue Apron and there wouldn't be checkout lines - just bag your groceries and when you leave the store sensors would read the product tags and charge the card you will link to your account (something like like) this way you can run in and out without standing on checkout lines. Someone was concerned that if you put something back you would still get charged for it. Does this jog anyone's memory?

I know we had a thread awhile ago talking about Amazon going to open food stores but I can't find the thread. Does anyone remember that??
I remember someone saying they would have meal kits like Blue Apron and there wouldn't be checkout lines - just bag your groceries and when you leave the store sensors would read the product tags and charge the card you will link to your account (something like like) this way you can run in and out without standing on checkout lines. Someone was concerned that if you put something back you would still get charged for it. Does this jog anyone's memory?

MsM, I too seem to recall that thread/conversation ... at the time I thought that sounds like a good idea for folks like Millennials, grab and go

DANG IT!!!
Sprout's stock is dropping, along with several other grocery chains.
The "talking heads" are saying this could end the "Mom & Pop" grocers for good. That would be a shame for some communities, and a great loss.
I DO NOT want to lose my beloved Sprouts aka my Green Grocer.

I've read that Amazon has been looking to buy a food retailer for a while. This fits into their plan to expand Amazon Fresh concept. Whole Foods has a coast to coast presence and distribution centers all across the US, this will fast track Amazon's grocery business.

http://www.discusscooking.com/forum...cery-store-without-a-checkout-line-97123.html

Is this what you are looking for?

The main question is one year from now is can Amazon turn Whole Paycheck into half Paycheck.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...-whole-foods-in-13-7-billion-bet-on-groceries

From link:

-1x-1.png

that image certainly shows that if Amazon really wanted to expand into more stores and more warehouses they can

Back
Top Bottom