"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 11-04-2005, 08:44 AM   #11
Cook

Send a message via AIM to hellschef
hee heee hee

as Thanksgiving was the first feast of thanks and praise, after having left that wonderful Rock O' Brittana several years before! lol

Old 11-04-2005, 09:45 AM   #12
Executive Chef

Thanksgiving

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishbel
'Chuck' as a shortform for Charles is an Americanism - we NEVER use it here in the UK....

ITK - there is no way that the Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall have Thanksgiving meals every day - we don't have a thanksgiving holiday in the UK!
Sorry Ishbel, I meant lot of preparation goes into having them for a meal. Just like everyone here gets ready to have Thanksgiving. They do seem so well suited for one another. She seems more outgoing than Diana was. Hope they are happy. Marriage is a true challenge for anyone. Guess Chuck would be what we would call him. I am happy your show of respect is still visible. Over here I feel it may have been lost when we had someone named Bill as president . I know my relatives are rolling in their graves at that one. They always considered t he job of president to be one of highest honor. What a loss!

Old 11-04-2005, 10:02 AM   #13
Executive Chef

Errrr, no -you misunderstand me ITK.... I'm a Scots Nationalist. The English Royal family holds little or no interest for me, I'm afraid!
Old 11-04-2005, 10:07 AM   #14
Chef Extraordinaire

and her face is painted blue and white, like mel gibson.

good to see you ishbel.

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 10:28 AM   #15
Executive Chef

yep, BuckyT - and that woad is HE ll to take off before going to bed.... no make-up removal creams seem to work...
Old 11-04-2005, 10:54 AM   #16
DC Grandma

I think they are right for each other..I believe Diana was a Trophy wife. They never really were happy with each other..but thats just my opinion.
Marge

Walk towards the Sunshine and the Shadows will fall behind you!
Dove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 12:56 PM   #17
Executive Chef

Thanks all

Dove, do respect your opinion. Like mine, only my t houghts, no harm intended. But Diana was surely a trophy. I don't think she had a fair chance in life. Seems she got disappointed all the way to the end. Boy, she sure loved her boys. That is the picture that remains with me is the way they would run to see her. I don't think Charles is capable of showing his feelings. Hope you doing okay Marge? Good to see you. Miss that little dog. Give him hug for me. He knows I'm thinking of him. Or is it her? Did you notice buckytom back? He is anot her one I missed.