"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 11-02-2005, 06:28 PM   #1
Executive Chef

American Buffalo

Did you hear what President Bush is having with Prince Charles and his wife, Camilla? American Buffalo. Wonder what cut it was? Bet it wasn't the ground buffalo I buy. That really surprised me. I guess they will have to eat it. Camilla seems not to be bothered by what people say about her. Guess that is proof they really must love each other.

Old 11-03-2005, 04:39 AM   #2
Master Chef

When King George VI of England and his queen visited the US in 1939, President Franklin D. Roosevelt, (32-nd President of the US - a Democrat - only President elected for more than 2 terms), and First Lady Eleanor, served the Royal Couple - HOT DOGS!

Since Chuck and Camilla are being entertained in a formal State dinner at the White House, not a kicked back BBQ at the ranch in Crawford, I doubt the bison will be ground patties. Bison (aka American Buffalo) is a "native American" food, tender, low in fat, and has even less of a "gamey" taste than beef.

Charles and Camilla both hunt - I doubt they will have a problem choking down a bison dinner.

Old 11-03-2005, 11:24 AM   #3
Chef Extraordinaire

whom have they hunted? (only kidding. don't get your royals in a bunch)

we eat buffalo fairly often, and i'd have to say the gaminess varies greatly, from the diets they are fed, to the season that they're slaughtered, to the amount of fat in the meat.

i'm sure ol' dubya had some grain fed, grass finished, super duper organic buffalo for the kids to gnaw.
Old 11-03-2005, 12:02 PM   #4
Executive Chef

bison

So you think they got the buffalo from George's ranch? Or did Ted Turner share one of his? I am glad they are setting example of trying to eat healthy. I often wonder how much a side of buffalo would be? Do you think cheaper than in the store? Do you think the preparation would be different than cow? I mean would it be tender? I have only eaten ground bison and I sure could tell the difference. I would like to have choice of something other than cow,pig, no one here trusts the fish.

So you call him Chuck! Is that what Camilla calls him too? She is a hunter too? You seem to keep up with what they are doing. I started getting interested when 'Chuck' married Diana. What a loss! Was such a pretty girl. I always liked the way she dressed. Camilla doesn't look as good no matter what she has on. My own opinion.
Old 11-03-2005, 02:15 PM   #5
Master Chef

I read that the menu included celery-and-shrimp soup, buffalo medallions, salad, and petits fours cake and chartreuse ice cream for dessert. It was the debut of the new White House chef Cristeta Comerford.
Old 11-03-2005, 02:59 PM   #6
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by In the Kitchen

So you call him Chuck! Is that what Camilla calls him too? She is a hunter too? You seem to keep up with what they are doing. I started getting interested when 'Chuck' married Diana. What a loss! Was such a pretty girl. I always liked the way she dressed. Camilla doesn't look as good no matter what she has on. My own opinion.
but most important: he seems to love her ;o)
she is definitely not as gracious as Diana was... but none of us knows her... maybe she has a wonderful character... and she is a good hunter ;o)
LiGruess cara ~~~ Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
cara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 03:03 PM   #7
Chef Extraordinaire

there's something to be said for a woman with a loaded rifle and a scope.
if you're smart, it's "i love you so much", not "wow, your sister is hot!"

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 03:08 PM   #8
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckytom
there's something to be said for a woman with a loaded rifle and a scope.
if you're smart, it's "i love you so much", not "wow, your sister is hot!"
BUCKY!! you are sooo wrong
I'm so glad your back, you have put a smile on everyones face today!!
Old 11-03-2005, 03:48 PM   #9
Executive Chef

He's back

buckytom is back and quick as ever. He sure makes my day. i just know he is hard person to keep up with. Or where his answers come from. There should be one buckytom in every place I need help. Would be a better world. Glad you're here buckytom.

Thanks PA for the menu. I sure wouldn't know how to prepare all that. Granted Camilla probably does have great personality even when she does go hunting. I can't imagine how t heir dinners are. Probably have Thanksgiving meal everyday. Chuck seems more intelligent than good looking. His boys are sure a challenge.
Old 11-03-2005, 05:16 PM   #10
Executive Chef

'Chuck' as a shortform for Charles is an Americanism - we NEVER use it here in the UK....

ITK - there is no way that the Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall have Thanksgiving meals every day - we don't have a thanksgiving holiday in the UK!