American English

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My English is not perfect so perhaps I belong elsewhere also.

Love,
~Cat
Geez, Cat, no one said you shouldn't be here. If you look at the top of the Discuss Cooking webpage, we are here to "Discover Cooking, Discuss Life". That doesn't mean we chase away people not fluent in English who want to "Discover Cooking, Discuss Life" but have a small problem here or there with making their point clear - and that applies to U.S. born, native English speakers that still might have problems with the language! :LOL: You have discovered things about cooking here while certainly talking about life.

ricky, it appears, is looking for language help understanding a certain English-language phrase. Since DC is a forum set up for people interested in COOKING and not in linguistics, he would best be served by asking his questions in a forum of people who enjoy discussing language more than talking about cooking.

Geez, Cat, no one said you shouldn't be here. If you look at the top of the Discuss Cooking webpage, we are here to "Discover Cooking, Discuss Life". That doesn't mean we chase away people not fluent in English who want to "Discover Cooking, Discuss Life" but have a small problem here or there with making their point clear - and that applies to U.S. born, native English speakers that still might have problems with the language! :LOL: You have discovered things about cooking here while certainly talking about life.

ricky, it appears, is looking for language help understanding a certain English-language phrase. Since DC is a forum set up for people interested in COOKING and not in linguistics, he would best be served by asking his questions in a forum of people who enjoy discussing language more than talking about cooking.

No I did not mean of this. I meant I can go elsewhere for of help in English and not burden of anyone.

Joyce is also helping. My English was so much of better when I lived here.

Love,
~Cat

Still different, Cat. Since joining DC, every single one of ricky's posts has been in this thread, asking the same question over and over about English usage. You, however, will ask a quick question about how to phrase something in English when taking about a food subject, or something in the off topic forum. Just keep asking for help in the moment of a thread conversation. We here are ALWAYS willing to help ANY forum member express themselves when talking about food. It's nothing like ricky asking the same language question over and over, when it appears that we just can't help him here in the way he is looking for help.

Still different, Cat. Since joining DC, every single one of ricky's posts has been in this thread, asking the same question over and over about English usage. You, however, will ask a quick question about how to phrase something in English when taking about a food subject, or something in the off topic forum. Just keep asking for help in the moment of a thread conversation. We here are ALWAYS willing to help ANY forum member express themselves when talking about food. It's nothing like ricky asking the same language question over and over, when it appears that we just can't help him here in the way he is looking for help.

Oh! I am sorry, I did not see that. I understand.

I feel of this place as this: The 4 Fs.

Food
Family
Friends
Fun

Love,
~Cat

Back
Top Bottom