American Idol???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

smoke king

Sous Chef
I know nobody admits to watching it-but somebody is (you..we know who we are) Who (in your opinion) is winning so far??

Personally, I don't think anyone can even hold a candle to the young lady from Ireland, Carly something. Man has she got a set of pipes!!

Of course, if the competition were based soley on singing ability, then Melinda Doolittle would have walked away with it last year.

What do you think? And please, no fistfighting, hate mail or death threats-we're all friends here!!!:cool:

I think the 16 year old boy with the curly hair has a good shot.
As you said, this is part singing competition and part popularity contest.

If all they were interested in was that singing part, they might well do what they do when folks try out for certain "chairs" in an orchestra; they sit behind a screen and play so only the music is evaluated.

This is far from that and I think Simon and the other two are there to give us a hint who is singing the best.

just my take.

The young man who sang Imagine has an excellent voice. I do, however, like the male from Australia - he has a lot of appeal going for him. I think this year it is a male's competition with the exception of Karly - she's awesome!

...or so my friends have told me :blush::LOL:

David Archuletta (the 17-year old) is fantastic! Not only can he sing, he is so sweet and truly modest and humble.

Jason (can't think of his last name) is also really good, in my opinion, and is about as adorable as they come. I'm not normally a fan of dreds, but have you seen those angel eyes? And he sings great on top of it.

Danny Norriega is a cutie (and he knows it), and he sings good, but I don't think he will outlast David A. or Jason.

There isn't a lot of talent among the women this year. I really like Carly. I also like Brooke. Amanda (biker nurse) is okay, but her style gets old kind of quick, for me at least.

:)Barbara

Last edited:
Some good points Barbara-I forgot about the guy with the dreads-that Leanord Cohen song he did this week floored me. If he keeps it up, he could be a contender.

I like the biker/nurse too, but I'm afraid shes a one trick pony. Shes sure enough gives off a rock n' roll vibe, though.

Still, I think from a strictly technical POV, Irish Carly is easily the best. I did read an article questioning her status as an amateur though-evidently she had a record deal at some point

David is wonderful, sincere, charming and I'd hang him from my rear view mirror also.
That guy with the dreds is darling.
The Aussie is wonderful but so far, not totally sure about his pipes.
The girls to me, are going to spoil like yesterdays' tuna in my opinion.
I could be wrong though, there's still a long way to go before seasons' end.

My wife forced me to watch this year.

For the girls, Carly is a no brainer.

For the guys, I think David A will walk away with the win.

And I don't know why, but Brooke really bugs me. I want to see her voted off so bad.

And I don't know why, but Brooke really bugs me. I want to see her voted off so bad.
Maybe you don't like good girls! LOL At her first audition Simon said she was too much of a good girl and needed to come around to the other side (something like that), and she dared him to make her into a bad girl!

I liked the girl last night who Simon said had no personality. We watch the first two or three shows of the season, just to get a good laugh. Last night we were changing channels and watched for awhile.

Maybe you don't like good girls! LOL At her first audition Simon said she was too much of a good girl and needed to come around to the other side (something like that), and she dared him to make her into a bad girl!

It was the "dark side", at least that is what I was told by someone in the crowd at "strong man" contest I was participating in :ROFLMAO::LOL:

I've never seen it and couldn't tell you what network or when it's on. To me, it falls into the reality show category...the music/performing one, that is. I'm happy other folks enjoy it. There's something for everyone on TV.

I have a feeling David Archuleta is going to win or at least get to the top 3. Carly Smithson and Jason Castro are amazing as well. I also like the Australian guy Michael Johns. He's good.

The ladies in dispatch insisted we watch it when I was on the afternoon shift. Now that I'm on midnights I'm fortunate enough to be asleep when it's on.

I'm not a fan. Though I will say that as cute and talented as Jordin is, Blake got hosed in last year's final.

I avoided American Idol for quite a while. Then a kid who works at Goodwill got an invite to Hollywood so Wife started watching it on occasion.

And one night I'm doing crosswords while Wife watches and Chris Daughtry sings Ring of Fire. Wow, there IS something to this show.

Now I watch. Sort of.

DVR is my friend. I fast forward through the Fluff Pieces. It took about 20 minutes to watch last nights show.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom