American Idol ~ Just a little Scary LOL

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Callisto in NC

Washing Up
Okay, so I'm flipping channels and there's this guy singing and my first reaction was "OMG, he looks like Leif Garrett" (you know, from the 70s) well, turns out his name is Garrett Haley. But seriously, these two "Garretts" could be separated at birth

Garrett:
garret.jpg

Leif:
leif75_4.jpg

leif-garrett-1-sized.jpg

The resemblance is uncanny but the scary part is the comment before knowing the kid's name.

Yep - he said he "get's that" a lot. Separated at birth - and a few decades :LOL:

It is uncanny, isn't it? I wonder if he didn't have his hair like that how much they would look alike then - I'll have to go look. He's a bit more angular.

Hmmm.... so which one looks scarier? I think Garrett with that weird hair do, all stringy. But, can he sing as good as Leif?

Oh, it's definitely the hair but to me the funny in my house was saying it while he was singing and just having turned on the channel. Then the screen flashed to his name and I was like "okay, scared now" that I put two and two together without knowing his name. Next week he needs to "feather" his bangs and they'll be identical twins.

That first guy looks like a cross between Helen Hunt and Jodie Foster. A female cross between the two, but there's definitely a similarity.

OH his song last night was quite forgettable.
He can go, as far as I am concerned.
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I was too shocked by the looks and the name. I don't watch AI, I was just flipping channels and found him singing. He wasn't bad but he wasn't memorable either. He's certainly no Bo Bice, Carrie Underwood, or anyone else that won or got far on the show.

That's so funny!!!! Maybe when he gets voted out he could at star in a TV movie about Leif (he could lip-sych!)

I'll agree his voice was a bit high (my son said "if you close your eyes you'd swear it was a girl, mom")
But, in all fairness, he sure seemed like a nice kid. And, the fact that the only reason he tried out for idol was because his family was vacationing in San Diego at the time of the tryouts is pretty neat.

Here's my favorite, Michael Johns:

michael.jpg

also, that Luke Menard looks like a Hollywood actor, but if you close your eyes, you'd think it was George Michael.

Okay jkath, he's cute but he reminds me of an actor too. Now I just have to figure out who. Jason Gedrick!! That's it.
jason_gedrick_1.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom