Americans Taste Test Extraordinary Asian Food

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Watching Bizarre Foods with Andrew Zimmern, I see these foods alot. AZ seldom reacts to strange foods. The reactions these folks had are, I suspect, more typical of the average American.

:yum: NOT. "Fear Factor" with Joe Rogan also featured contestants eating this kind of stuff, along with spiders, worms, rotting sheep guts, etc. "Survivor" has featured a few as well. Balut in particular seems to be quite a popular choice. I've had durian, and once you get past the smell, it's not too bad.

Last edited:
Watching Bizarre Foods with Andrew Zimmern, I see these foods alot. AZ seldom reacts to strange foods. The reactions these folks had are, I suspect, more typical of the average American.

I agree. AZ is there in the country, with the people, learning about their foods, so he wouldn't want to be rude.

I rarely watch those kinds of reality shows, Dawg.

I agree. AZ is there in the country, with the people, learning about their foods, so he wouldn't want to be rude.

I rarely watch those kinds of reality shows, Dawg.

You do see forced politeness sometimes. But a lot of his show he just eats the stuff and seems to like it or not care one way or the other. He's not often grossed out.

You do see forced politeness sometimes. But a lot of his show he just eats the stuff and seems to like it or not care one way or the other. He's not often grossed out.

I appreciate his words "I always try something twice".

It really isn't bad, tastes like smelly tapioca. We had to relegate the one I bought at the Asian market to the back deck when we visited Baby Bro when he lived in Philly, and I was the only one who ate it.

Last edited:
I bet there aren't any disgusting eating contests for Durian. Jes sayin'...

I'd rather try to shove down obscene amounts of food (Well that's dinner for me:pig:) then eat things that move or smell really bad.

Both are kinda the same now aren't they? ;)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom