"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 11-18-2012, 12:22 AM   #1
Senior Cook

An Angry Man and his Williams-Sonoma Catalog

This is very funny and oh, so true! The Hater's Guide To The Williams-Sonoma Catalog

Old 11-18-2012, 03:05 AM   #2
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by SherryDAmore View Post
This is very funny and oh, so true! The Hater's Guide To The Williams-Sonoma Catalog
Interesting, but I could have done without the offensive language. I am sure there are other words in the English language that are more suitable.

Old 11-18-2012, 10:28 AM   #3
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
Interesting, but I could have done without the offensive language. I am sure there are other words in the English language that are more suitable.
I'm ok with bad language most of the time, but that was unnecessarily foul.

And not that clever.

Those potato gloves are genius,bTW!
Old 11-18-2012, 10:49 AM   #4
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
He is just using his sentence enhancers.....
Old 11-18-2012, 10:58 AM   #5
Certified Pretend Chef

This made me laugh. I especially liked the fruitcake item.
Old 11-18-2012, 11:16 AM   #6
Honey Badger

It's about time somebody had the nerve to ask "WHY!!!??"

Every year since I've bought my pie maker from W/S my mailbox has been inundated with their catalogs. Year round. I'm usually happy when the mail man swipes one. One less piece of junk mail that I don't have to put in the recycle bin.

Notice he didn't knock the pie maker? Did he run out of room? Tease us with a pic and say nothing!? Is he a coward blogger behind the keyboard with a beef with W/S? Who knows. He did have a point if you could get past the language.. Who buys that kind of stuff, and WHY!?
OK, the acorn twine maker just about floored me. Easy prey I'm still sick.

Your MIL could care less, and would probably live happily ever after without the pumpkin bowls. Are they serious?

Are those $72.00 biscuits pre made? Oh man, were in it now. They looked like flat confetti...??... Can't put my finger on it something... Vertigo, some kind of warped confusion... Erwin Allen recipe? Nothing that should be touched without a stick handy.

It was a funny read. Especially the Urban chicken coop. Hey now, the surburbian chickens need a good hood to lay eggs in. It better be posh. They don't do country! It had better be tagged with a Rooster.

Munky.
Old 11-21-2012, 07:07 AM   #7
Assistant Cook

I thought it hilariously sarcastic.

I didn't think the language was particularly foul, but then I work in an Emergency Department most Saturday nights and compared to what I hear there, that's pretty tame. I admit I can be a bit of a potty mouth myself at times
Old 11-21-2012, 07:24 AM   #8
Chef Extraordinaire

It was sarcastic and very funny in parts. I worked for many, many eons in the business world and never developed the habit of having a potty mouth. And I never allowed my kids to have one in my presence. I will be going to my daughter's house for Thanksgiving and Christmas. she is having a large family party for Chirstmas and always warns her guests that watch your mouth in front of my mother.

I just fail to see the need for using such language. There are so many beautiful words in the English language that can get your point across just as well. And yes, you can call me a prude. I know I am.
Old 11-21-2012, 01:13 PM   #9
Sous Chef

Oh my. Now there is a bitter human being. I read about 1/3 of that and just X'd it away. Not funny to me.
How fouL. Enough said.
Old 11-21-2012, 01:22 PM   #10
Head Chef

I found it difficult to get past this:

I bought a Williams-Sonoma cheese grater for my mom for Christmas once because I had no idea what to get her and I was in a mall and there the grater was, just large enough to take up space under the tree and just cheap enough to let her know that I put NO thought or care into buying a gift for her. Anyway, I paid for this grater with a credit card. And when a place like Williams-Sonoma gets your credit card and thus your address, you are on the mailing list for life. Every holiday season, my mail slot gets bukkake'd with monstrous catalogs packed with **** I would never, ever buy, and the W-S catalog stands out among them.

Clearly, this guy has other issues & is not into cooking. So, why go there - literally.

That reminds me, I should pick up some chocolate aebelskiver mix.

I love WS.