An idea just for fun

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We should probably get started soon. Should we just pair people off (if we have an even number of participants) or do it as a secret thing? If we want to do it as a Secret Santa type thing, maybe one of the mods or admins who is not participating would be willing to draw names and let us know who we send to. If we do it that way we will have to all trust our addresses to that person. If we just pair off, we will just exchange addresses with the person we are exchanging with. If we pair off, I would be willing to put the names in a box and pair them off. The only pair that wouldn't work (except financially, lol) would be James and me! So I could put everyone's names except ours in, pull one out for him, then one for me, and then I could do the rest. If we do it this way, I will post the pairs on here.

So, everyone who wants to participate, chime in here (or PM me) and let us know how you would prefer to do this, secret or pairs. I'm really looking forward to this!

:)Barbara

Last edited:
I vote for Secret Santa but will do whatever the group decides.

I do think that we should start soon though.

We did this a few years ago... but I can't remember who arranged everything... can anyone else?

Something used or can it be new? I can do either.

I am in! :)
I think new or like new would work out. We should limit the gifts to $20 or less (or $10 or less depending on the consensus of the participants).

Let's say Wednesday the 3rd for drawing names. That way there is time for more people to join in if they want, and that should give us time to do this before Christmas. If someone who doesn't celebrate Christmas or Hanukkah would like to participate, of course you are welcome to join in! Gifts are gifts!

I vote for secret santa because it would be fun playing 20 questions or such game afteward trying to figure out who your secret santa was! :santa:

I love doing Secret Santa! At the last school I worked at we did two things. We had Secret Pals, which took place throughout the year, and we had Secret Santa, which was at Christmas. Some people (myself included) did both. For our Secret Santa we gave something each day of the last week of school. The first thing was something really small, and they got bigger each day, ending with a $10 to $20 gift. It was a lot of fun!

I love doing Secret Santa! At the last school I worked at we did two things. We had Secret Pals, which took place throughout the year, and we had Secret Santa, which was at Christmas. Some people (myself included) did both. For our Secret Santa we gave something each day of the last week of school. The first thing was something really small, and they got bigger each day, ending with a $10 to $20 gift. It was a lot of fun!

That is exactly how we did it at a school I use to teach at! :)

So far we have 4 votes (including James and me) for Secret Santa. The participants, so far, are:

pdswife
sattie
deelady
mikki
jpmcgrew
Qsis
Wart
Lefty
marigene
suziquzie
Nicahawk
Constance
Maidrite
Barbara L

I think Sapphellae wants to participate, and I know that at least some of us are willing to ship to Canada.

Lifesaver said it looks interesting. Does that mean you are in?

Grillingfool bumped it up, so does that mean you are in?

I will see if someone on staff would be willing to handle the names, addresses, etc.

Good! So, confirmed we have:

pdswife
sattie
deelady
mikki
jpmcgrew
Qsis
Wart
Lefty
marigene
suziquzie
Nicahawk
Constance
Katie E
lifesaver
Maidrite
Barbara L

Dear, sweet Alix has volunteered to handle the addresses, names, etc. So by Wednesday, please PM Alix with your name and address. She will PM you and let you know who you will be sending to. Please use the subject "Secret Santa" when you PM her, so that she will know what it is in reference to.

P.S. You still have time to add your name to our list, but hurry!

Thanks! I've sent her my info!

Have we decided on the rules?
New or used gift? Dollar amount??

Back
Top Bottom