An interesting perspective on food

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GotGarlic

Chef Extraordinaire
Cook Your Own Food. Eat What You Want.
(Think for Yourself.)

by Michael Ruhlman, chef, author and NYT columnist

What America has is a living problem. America seems to think that the answer to how to eat can be found on the news, from studies, from your doctor (who’s reading the same reports you are and following the same party line now being contradicted by that “small body of unsettling data”), and even from your mayor.

The data that matters to me is the data I receive after I’ve finished eating something. Do I feel good after eating a roast chicken with gravy and mashed potatoes and a pile of shaved sautéed Brussels sprouts? Yes. How about after I eat a bag of Cheetos? Not so good. What does that mean? Think about it. Think. Do you feel good after you exercise? Yes, because it’s good for you. Or you can hunt for data on the Internets if you want The Truth. Go ahead, read up on it. Or watch all the “a new study finds” stories on the ABC Nightly News.

I tend to agree with this.

If we are very careful and dodge the bullets of heart disease, diabetes, cancer etc....

We will enter the bonus round and qualify for an extended stay in the dementia ward or memory care as it is called.

Why not just enjoy life and take it as it comes.

Doris Day - Que Sera Sera - YouTube

I rarely eat Cheetos, so I don't have much trouble with the salt content. The orange washes off pretty good....I am glad that you can buy pistachios without that aggravatin' red dye. That stuff stays with you for a spell.

Eating stuff that turns your fingers orange and driving stinks, but you are relegated to adjusting knobs and pushing buttons with fingers not accustomed to it.

If you pay attention to your body, you will learn what's good for you and what foods have some nutrient you need.

If you pay attention to your body, you will learn what's good for you and what foods have some nutrient you need.
+1 Although not lactose intolerant, I do find that I have a lot of phlegm if I drink a lot of milk. I don't have this problem with yogurt, cheese, cottage cheese, buttermilk. I also feel quite bloated after eating pasta and bread. It could be because I cut those out of my diet for the most part a year ago. I know when I quit eating red meat at one point, it seemed as if it took DAYS to digest red meat if I did have a steak or burger.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom