And That Makes Three - George Furth has died

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
imho, that's not three. has to be someone as famous. :(
The legend is actor, not necessarily famous, but it would probably depend on the circles you run in if you know him or not. It takes greatness to work with Sondheim. And it takes brilliance to win a Tony Award. He also has over 85 acting credits and was recently photographed with Annette Benning. I would say he's famous.

As someone pointed out, the actual saying is, "Bad things come in threes." Over the years we kind of adopted it for celebrity deaths, but it isn't a set-in-stone law or anything. ;) This shouldn't be about counting degrees of fame. Someone who is important to a lot of people died. I didn't know him, but then I don't know much about the arts (although I would like to know more).

:)Barbara

Actually - the myth/superstition is "things happen in threes" - they can be good or they can be bad ... like births or deaths.

Anyone who has ever worked in a hospital knows that in Labor and Delivery "Births come in threes", in the ER "Gunshot wounds come in threes", anyone on the Crash Team knows that "Cardiac arrests come in threes" ... and in a large hospital this power of 3 can be repeated several times a day - in a small hospital it might take a anywhere from a week to a month to complete the cycle.

Back
Top Bottom