"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 11-27-2006, 06:03 PM   #11
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alix
You're going to have to narrow it down more than that Ishbel.

But to answer your question Ishbel, yes, thats her.

Old 11-27-2006, 08:03 PM   #12
Master Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to -DEADLY SUSHI-
Quote:
And...who cares? Besides media junkies.
I find your comment can be taken as rude. I'll believe you didnt mean to be rude, but it SOUNDS like you are calling Middie a 'media junkie' in a very negative spin.
I find the situation interesting.... yet sad. Anyhew, please think about the impact of your words before writing them. Im sure some people do not have interest in some of YOUR topics. And if they DO, I would hope they explain why in a kind fashion.
Thanks!

Old 11-27-2006, 08:58 PM   #13
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by -DEADLY SUSHI-
I find your comment can be taken as rude. I'll believe you didnt mean to be rude, but it SOUNDS like you are calling Middie a 'media junkie' in a very negative spin.
I find the situation interesting.... yet sad. Anyhew, please think about the impact of your words before writing them. Im sure some people do not have interest in some of YOUR topics. And if they DO, I would hope they explain why in a kind fashion.
Thanks!
Had nothing to do with middie. And my comment was never meant to be rude and it certainly wasn't a commentary on middie's thread. It was as if I'd just picked up the morning paper and had the same reaction. There's more to be concerned about than a celebrity's marital situation. It just seems as though the world finds celebrity marriages (or NOT in the case of Tom Cruise, etc. at least until the big wedding in Italy) so amazingly noteworthy. Celebrities seem to skid when it comes to moral values. We're supposed to be interested in their lives as though it really matters in the great scheme of things. Or, as tat said, it's sad that they seem to treat marriage as disposable. One of the things that really gets my goat is that it seems perfectly okay to be "fabulous" and "beautiful" and have a child before you get married. There's one thing about living together, unmarried, there's another issue that comes to the fore when a child enters the picture. Just my humble opinion.
Old 11-27-2006, 08:59 PM   #14
Head Chef

Send a message via AIM to goboenomo Send a message via MSN to goboenomo Send a message via Yahoo to goboenomo
Haha! I first i thought that said "Less than for hours"
:P

Who is Kid Rock?
Old 11-28-2006, 12:08 AM   #15
Chef Extraordinaire

i vote for "who cares".

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 12:25 AM   #16
Master Chef

At first I was going to write........."I plead the 5th". But then I thought more about it.

I've said it before about the price the celebrities pay with being in the spotlight and having their dirty laundry laid out in magazines and the news. Would we all want our dirty laundry told for all the world to review........would we want judgement for our choices in life made public for everyone to decide our faith? Yes they are celebrities and they are destined to be preyed upon by the media........but think if the tables were turned and the media decided to desend upon us normal day to day people.........would you want what events unfold in your life plastered in print?
We've all made bad choices in our life...........if you say you've never one made a bad choice then I applaud you. Personally, I know I've made choices in my life and my actions have resulted in less humbling ways at various points in my life. One can only hope to learn from ones mistakes and grow from them and hope and pray that other would not point fingers. However, in the world we live in fingers do get pointed.
Media plays a huge part in all of this because any news is dollar signs in their eyes.........lets just remember that those thrown into the media are people just like you and I and have feelings just like you and I.
All I can say is I hope that they are civil and that the children are spared from the harm of what could come.
Old 11-28-2006, 12:37 AM   #17
Executive Chef

If I knew my life would be plastered in the tabs., I would not...

1. Make my boobs larger than a Thanksgiving Day Parade balloon.
2. Get married 25 times.
3. Make a sex tape, or two or three.

They know EXACTLY what they are doing. Put anything in the tabs. you want, but just spell my name correctly, is their motto. Lights, camera, action!
Old 11-28-2006, 12:40 AM   #18
Chef Extraordinaire

#3 is never a good idea, wasabi, no matter who you are.

the wrong people always seem to get their hands on them, like your girlfriends' mom and sisters...

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 12:42 AM   #19
Master Chef

Thus............I plead the 5th
Old 11-28-2006, 12:47 AM   #20
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckytom
#3 is never a good idea, wasabi, no matter who you are.

the wrong people always seem to get their hands on them, like your girlfriends' mom and sisters...
YouTube is waiting for your video as we speak. Will your sister take a check?